• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle: The real deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eagle is currently offering $500 to any current employee who recommends someone who makes it through training. That is why you've got so many Eagle pilots trying to walk people's resumes in. They're trying to make some money, as noted above.

Is there anything wrong with that? jw

Eagle's hiring target next year is forcast at approximately 700-800 pilots. That works out to an average of 70 a month including the low training months, (ie, December). The average number of new hires per month has been 15-20 this year. AMR is offering a $500 payout to any employee that refers a pilot to Eagle that completes all training through IOE. A signifigant factor limiting upgrades at Eagle for the time being is our inability to attract new hire FOs to replace the upgrading FOs. It's a vicious cycle, new hires want upgrade opportunities but that won't happen until we can increase class sizes. Hope this information helps with your decision.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Eagle is a good place to work, there are bad attitudes erverywhere in this industry, just ignore them and move forward.

Upgrade time will be moving down ....for many reasons, same as anywhere; once people upgrade they will leave after hired elsewhere, retirements, flowbacks leaving.....its a good place to be if you get on soon......and no, I dont want your 500 $ .....give it a try , a quick upgrade will rarely get you anywhere reguardless.

Okay, thanks for all the rapid replies. What is life like on the ATR? What are typical schedules in MIA and SJU?

Eagle is currently offering $500 to any current employee who recommends someone who makes it through training. That is why you've got so many Eagle pilots trying to walk people's resumes in. They're trying to make some money, as noted above.
Absolutely. And I recommended 5 friends to Eagle BEFORE they offered any sort of bonus. So I already know in my mind that I'm not skewed by the money. If I didn't think this was a good place to be, I would never have recommended my friends to come here in the first place, let alone some Flightinfo people looking for some help. I can only speak for myself, though.

It's only wrong if you're recommending people you don't know. Otherwise, go for it. I personally had a hard time convincing my friends to work there, but I left before the bonuses started. Maybe I just wasn't motivated enough.

Eagle is a good company and the upgrades will get shorter. While I would have had a long upgrade, people getting hired now will not have to wait nearly as long.

I used to fly for Eagle, left a year ago for NJA. I have a question for all of you people who think that upgrade time will all of a sudden become rapid overnight. How do you think you will sustain upgrades without taking delivery of any new equipment? Eagle has not taken delivery of a new airplane since June 2005 when 942AE hit the property. All of the attrition you speak of is first officers with four or less years of service moving on to bigger and better jobs. You will see some upgrades for a while as the flowbacks return to AA and the senior FO's take their place. Once all of those vacancies are filled upgrades will come to a grinding halt unless new airframes begin arriving. As far as the Eagle Captains with an AA seniority number, I wouldn't count on them flowing to AA anytime soon if ever! These guys have no desire to move over to AA, nor will they. This will be a long drawn out fight!

I enjoyed working for Eagle and I am not trying to degrade the company, just post some facts for people considering a job there. Eagle is quite stabile and you probably won't go through all the whipsawing bs that most other regionals offer. Best of luck to all who pursuing employment, I hope it works out for you.

One big reason people I've spoken to (and me also) did not go to eagle is because of the lack of information they give you about bases/aircraft etc.. until after you start there. I for one was not going to go there gambling on ending up in puerto rico. I've flown with many people over the years who've said the same thing. I recently was in the sim with a guy who said they told him there would be lots of jet positions for his class and that chicago was jr. Well there were no jet positions in his class and everybody got the saab in texas. So he quit. They should be able to tell you what job you are accepting (at least what aircraft).

How hard is it to get a job with AA when you work for AE? Is it a flow through? Or do they not give you any special treatment?

Latest resources

Back