DX JumpSeating TSA/company rules are just a Mess..Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
clr4theapch said:
Homer, you Ran off RVSM.....I believe he is doing just fine in his marine business...Of course CO flys to MCO...but I dont intend to post all the reasons for my earlier statement as my situation places me outside of the normal CO route structure.....getting into MCO as an OAL with the high loads is the basic problem I was referring to...

You can take statements and make them look anyway you want, implying one thing meaning another whatever...you really missed your calling as a super detective....you have a good day as well and say high to Scott.....

Who the hell is Scott??????

He must work at ASA. How many times do I have to tell you...I DO NOT WORK AT ASA!!!!!

He aspires to work there one day, though!

XPOO said:
He aspires to work there one day, though!

Shhh, that was my little secret. But now that its out in the open, anyone have good contact info for ASA?

Last number I had was 1-800-sinking-ship!

I think NW only lets dispatchers that have union representation jumpseat.
They have a list in their FOM of which airline's dispatchers can.

I also heard US was a union deal. We used to be treated like gold
on them when they where big in the West and so many of their
pilots flew on us between SAN and LAX. Not sure why they changed
the agreement.

American who knows what their deal is. I'm surprised they let their
own pilots sit in their jumpseats.

The one that I can't get a clear answer on are the US flights operated
by HP. Their agreement only allows OAL dispatchers in the back, even
if verified by CASS. Anyone else know the answer?

Last edited:
Morning Wood said:
They have a list in their FOM of which airline's dispatchers can.

if NW has a list in their FOM that states which dispatchers can jumpseat, it's not union related. as previously stated, i have jumpseated on NW within the last 6 months. we are not a union shop.

Morning Wood said:
Not true. At my previous company, which was non-union across the board, the dispatchers had jumpseat privileges on Northwest. For a while it was only the pilots who could jumpseat on NW, but one of the dispatchers made some calls and found the right person to talk to at Northwest and they said, "eh, the pilots already have approval to jumpseat, no big deal to add dispatchers". A few weeks later, it was in the FOM.

And yes, there is a specific page in the FOM titled "Authorized Carriers - NWA/TWU Approved (Dispatchers)" that details the companies and whether they are approved for domestic or domestic and international jumpseats.

iaflyer said:
Not true. At my previous company, which was non-union across the board, the dispatchers had jumpseat privileges on Northwest. For a while it was only the pilots who could jumpseat on NW, but one of the dispatchers made some calls and found the right person to talk to at Northwest and they said, "eh, the pilots already have approval to jumpseat, no big deal to add dispatchers". A few weeks later, it was in the FOM.

And yes, there is a specific page in the FOM titled "Authorized Carriers - NWA/TWU Approved (Dispatchers)" that details the companies and whether they are approved for domestic or domestic and international jumpseats.

I stand corrected. Years ago when we tried to approach it from that
same angle, that's what we were told. I'll have to do some digging
around. Since CASS started, maybe it's worth a shot to bug them again.

Latest resources

Back