• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DX JumpSeating TSA/company rules are just a Mess..Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have applied to Airtran..no joy...full up and just hired recently..

I dont want to say who I work for, it could be to damaging...

clr4theapch said:
It seems the main problem we have is moving to a really bad commuting city like MCO....( spouses job relocation, not my idea) the loads there are nearly full according to every person I contacted, even SWA, JB and Airtran....

Compound the problem by having one of the highest residency rates for pilots in the country and there goes all the F/A and flight deck J/S's so I am screwed......My airline does not service this area at all and frankly I am faced with a tough choice.....walk from 10 years of senority or tell the family I'll see ya when I can, I'm staying....dam....

Anyway, thanks for all the good info..the choice is about a month away yet.

Not a tough choice at all. It's just a job. There are other jobs out there.

Depending on who you work for you might be able to get in a few jumpseats. I'll have to look to be 100%, but I'm pretty sure that my airline can take DXers in the cockpit jumpseat if the DXer works for our Mainline codeshare partner or is a DXer with another codeshare "express" partner. Although like it was said before getting past the gate agent will be the hardest part.

Oh yeah I forgot....on the US Airways jumpseat form there is a box to check to say what you are and there are a couple diff boxes for DXers. US takes unlimited jumpseaters...Just watch out for Thursdays, cause apparently that is "cruise ship return day" in MCO so the loads on US are heavier than normal on Thursdays. Although I know that the loads the past few months have been really really high no matter where I've been flying.

Glad to see you are back in the job RVSM410....Oh wait thats not you. Or is it????

disregard above post... It was pointed out to me thatyou work at CO. RVSM never did, sorry!

propsarebest said:
Say hi to Trinkle for me...

Yeah thats it...ask Trinkle...He travels a ton. He should have all the anwers you need!

HomerJ... he/she said that he/she wishes to remain anonomous and not reveal the name of the company he/she may or may not be working for. And by advising him/her to ask Mr.Mrs. Trinkle (did I just say Mr.Mrs. Trinkle?) about traveling issues you are possibly revealing that information which he/she wishes to keep secret.

Latest resources

Back