• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DX JumpSeating TSA/company rules are just a Mess..Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr/Mrs. Trinkle? I laughed for a good 10 seconds. Just playing. Yeah, he's the js guru, anything you need to know and he can fill you in.

And Homer you have way too much time on your hands if you're doing that kind of research. We need to find you more work to do, then you can quit eating my doritos.

flyjumpseat said:
2: The airline you want to jumpseat on must allow Dispatchers to jumpseat. Not sure who all don't, but one is Northwest.
3: Now that CASS is up and running, your company has to be in CASS - and include Dispatchers in the CASS database to jumpseat on some other companies. Alaska and Horizon for example: your name has to come up in CASS authorized to jumpseat, even for a seat in the back.

i've jumpseated on northwest a number of times. other dispatchers that i work with have jumpseated on alaska and we're not in cass.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since, but I've seen the actual paperwork for the recip agreement between NW and OO, and NW's paper said "NO DISPATCHERS". Maybe it's been changed since. It's been maybe 3 years since I saw it. I'll have to go dig it up again.

Can anyone from NW verify with a FOM reference or specific reference allowing Dispatchers?

And for Alaska, I know one of our dispatchers was denied jumpseat (seat in the back). I called a buddy at Horizon (uses same software for verification) and the only thing we could determine for why he was denied is he hadn't turned in his passport info yet to OO - so he wasn't in the the CASS database - i.e. Denied. Might be a hiccup in the software, but frustrating none the less.

Last edited:
NW - I jumpseated on 3 out of 4 legs....last leg they made me buy a full fare ticket.....my airline at the time -5Y- reimbursed me because the DO/chief pilot had not sent back a signed recip agreement.....

I have tried to go on NW since.....

I didnt touch your food

XPOO said:
Mr/Mrs. Trinkle? I laughed for a good 10 seconds. Just playing. Yeah, he's the js guru, anything you need to know and he can fill you in.

And Homer you have way too much time on your hands if you're doing that kind of research. We need to find you more work to do, then you can quit eating my doritos.

What dorritos? I saw some lays there, but I dont like lays.... well not lays potato chips!

Whatever, Homer. I think it's obvious you LOVE the lays there bub.

XPOO said:
Whatever, Homer. I think it's obvious you LOVE the lays there bub.

Careful....I could cut you off from the food delivery system.... Back to Carls Jr for you!

Latest resources

Back