• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duane Woerth rumor... YGTBSM!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL... when a company makes money hands over fist while being able to pay out a sh*tload more, instead gives you 1% raise because you "buy" something, do you call it progress or do you call it getting concessionarily bent over?

With this rationale, I think we (ALPA) are in more trouble than I thought. You should have gone to law school. You'd make a case for assault in the first degree out of a friendly pat on the back.

And how, exactly, were Mesa pilots supposed to stop the outflow of aircraft to Freedom? With harsh words and picketing?

If Mesa's agreement hadn't been signed, then they would have shortly been out of business just like CC Air and all the flying would simply have been transferred to Freedom.

ALPA is paying a HUGE price for ever letting Scope out of the bag, and things will never be the same. DW was always playing by the rules... TECHNICALLY... but the nasty contracts at several regionals and the concessionary contracts at the majors during the bankruptcies of the last decade have us all angry.

We can't point a finger at one person in management who is responsible, even though management, along with our Federal Government in bed with fat cat big business, is primarily to blame.

We DO, however, have a nice scapegoat to pin our anger on within the union structure. Most of us believe he should have fought harder, refused to sign agreements, and duked it out to the bitter end, but what would you say if it was YOUR major carrier that went out of business over it?

He's screwed either way... Personally, I believe we should have minimum contract levels set by ALPA and NOTHING gets signed without meeting them. If a company can't afford to pay? Too bad, they don't get to play. In every OTHER unionized business, that's how it works. Takes a lot of the worry about food-stamp wages out of the equation, but I digress.

you don't send a baseball player to a footbal game do you? Well, you don't send a pilot to play politics. You send a politician. Now it helps that our politicans are/were pilots..) he seems to lose a connection with the membership. This is common in general with the citizenry or membership etc...
Why then does ALPA use pilots as negotiators during contracts?
Hypocrisy or arrogance.........the standard airline pilot willingness to attempt anything, up to and including brain surgery, without the necessary study and reflection just because he flies jets.
yup!

Lear, best post you've ever made, without a doubt.

Why then does ALPA use pilots as negotiators during contracts?
Hypocrisy or arrogance.........the standard airline pilot willingness to attempt anything, up to and including brain surgery, without the necessary study and reflection just because he flies jets.
yup!

Because if unions raised dues 0.000001% to pay for professional negotiators the membership is complain....

What do you think?

Because if unions raised dues 0.000001% to pay for professional negotiators the membership is complain....

What do you think?
Hell, you can up my 2.7% to 3.0% if you ABSOLUTELY PROMISE to bring in professional negotiators, give them the list of requirements, stand back, and STFU while they do their job.

If you need to talk to them about something, take a break into a private room, then send them back.

I agree 100% about letting the professionals do what they do and yeah, you can have some of my dues money to do it.

PCL:

Ask any retired DAL pilot (me included) what they think of Woerth-less. Please don't shame the rest of us by calling him Capt. I'm a Captain who lost more than 50% of my pension because of non-support from ALPA. When the dues are no longer being paid they could care less about you. ALPO can KMA!! REDWAVE

Ask any retired DAL pilot (me included) what they think of Woerth-less.

I live in Newnan, GA and grew up in Peachtree City, so I know many, many DAL pilots. Some of them hate Duane, some of them like him. The ones that hate him are usually the ones that don't know the difference between an LEC and an MEC, don't know what ALPA-PAC is, and haven't participated in an LEC election in 10 years.

I'm a Captain who lost more than 50% of my pension because of non-support from ALPA.

Please provide your reasons for blaming ALPA, and Duane specifically, for the loss of your pension. Your pension was lost because of a corrupt bankruptcy system, immoral management, and decades of bad business decisions by Delta. ALPA merely played damage control and did the best they could for the pilots they represent.

Latest resources

Back