• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duane Woerth rumor... YGTBSM!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and haven't participated in an LEC election in 10 years.

If at all.....

Please provide your reasons for blaming ALPA, and Duane specifically, for the loss of your pension. Your pension was lost because of a corrupt bankruptcy system, immoral management, and decades of bad business decisions by Delta. ALPA merely played damage control and did the best they could for the pilots they represent.

Don't forget the fellow DAL pilots that voted for pension reduction!

DW had faults and strong points. Association are set up so that one person doesn't have an unbalanced amount of power and control. Certianly not to take away your pension.... it may feel better to blame one guy.... but let's save that for W. :eek: ;)

Growing up in Base Housing doesn't make you an expert on DAL pilots. I lived there several years too. I know the difference between LEC and MEC and was a member of ALPO-PAC Chairman's club for several years. Why should I single out DW? He had his hands on the controls and was in the left seat when he ran it off the runway. Just like I would be blamed if I did the same in a real jet. You're right about the corrupt management too. I expected it from them but not from the group I paid thousands of $ to over the years to represent me. That representation ended the day I parked my last jet. The current DALPA gang sold the retired guys out and before it goes any further I didn't walk away with a $1M lump sum either. DW never took a 48% pay cut, lost over 50% of his pension, or was forced from the job he loved because of corruption. DW was sliding down the runway when he first touched down with US Air and United pensions--didn't do too much to stop the slide either. I tried to talk my fellow pilots into getting the retirement in OUR names but it
boiled down to more pay up front. More pay=more dues. Duh! We're paying for it now and I hope you young guys are watching. REDWAVE
PS Thx for calling him DW--he ain't no captain. ALPO & DAL can KMA

I think people are too quick to let leaders off the hook when bad things happen. "It was politics..." excuses. What has happened to the major airline career has been terrible. Who else could take the blame for that? Leaders don't blame- they perform. If they don't, they should be replaced. I hope every one has learned the lessons that airplanes don't fly without pilots... We need national unity- and national leadership... How about all pilots take a stand against one company's injustice?

Part of a leader's job is to maintain the connection with their group. They should be flying a round trip a month. Flying is my joy- my passion- it's what i'd be doing if i were a millionaire-- you stop flying and that's utter b/s-- you don't really represent me. Not enough time is the most common excuse ever made.

Growing up in Base Housing doesn't make you an expert on DAL pilots. I lived there several years too. I know the difference between LEC and MEC and was a member of ALPO-PAC Chairman's club for several years. Why should I single out DW? He had his hands on the controls and was in the left seat when he ran it off the runway. Just like I would be blamed if I did the same in a real jet.

Masterful second post.

We need national unity- and national leadership... How about all pilots take a stand against one company's injustice?

How about forming a pilot's union? a PILOTS union I said

Growing up in Base Housing doesn't make you an expert on DAL pilots. I lived there several years too. I know the difference between LEC and MEC and was a member of ALPO-PAC Chairman's club for several years.

Coming to LEC meetings and giving dues money and PAC doesn't make you an expert in Washington DC affairs. It certainly helps but many pilots think that if they pay dues, contribute for 20 years that they are experts in dealing with the CapHill players.

At least you were engaged.....that says more than most...

Why should I single out DW? He had his hands on the controls and was in the left seat when he ran it off the runway. Just like I would be blamed if I did the same in a real jet.

Recall being a CA is administrative law. There is no democracy on a jet. Associations are over democracies. the ALPA president has to go thru the EC, EB and BOD. Lots of layers.... IN addition, the members at the airlines voted thru membership ratifaction to for those concessionary TA's. Those TA's came about from the negotiating committee.

You're right about the corrupt management too. I expected it from them but not from the group I paid thousands of $ to over the years to represent me. That representation ended the day I parked my last jet.

Is there corruption? Specifically where.

The current DALPA gang sold the retired guys out and before it goes any further I didn't walk away with a $1M lump sum either.

So is it DALPA or the past president?

DW never took a 48% pay cut, lost over 50% of his pension, or was forced from the job he loved because of corruption.

The presidents salary is determined by the BOD. When Prater took over he said he was willing to take paycuts...whatever the BOD determined. So the Presidents salary is based upon your fellow pilots...

DW was sliding down the runway when he first touched down with US Air and United pensions--didn't do too much to stop the slide either. I tried to talk my fellow pilots into getting the retirement in OUR names but it
boiled down to more pay up front. More pay=more dues. Duh! We're paying for it now and I hope you young guys are watching.

ok.. first you say DW then you talk about trying to convince your fellow pilots. Which is it?

REDWAVE
PS Thx for calling him DW--he ain't no captain. ALPO & DAL can KMA

No problem. Look I am not defending DW. My intent is to point out that all of this stuff is condeoned and approved by your fellow pilots...

we all know you get nowhere putting Descartes before the whores.
Yeah, I knew Rene. Whiney little b!tch, he was. First person to coin the term 'mullet.' Back then, they called it Le Neckwarmer de France.

but what would you say if it was YOUR major carrier that went out of business over it?
It's our seniority system in it's current form that ties us so tightly to our companies. No other profession attempts to work and negotiate under this type of restriction. If we had a national (or hybrid) list- If we all got RID of 1st year pay-- I wouldn't be half as concerned as i would be now.

He's screwed either way... Personally, I believe we should have minimum contract levels set by ALPA and NOTHING gets signed without meeting them. If a company can't afford to pay? Too bad, they don't get to play. In every OTHER unionized business, that's how it works. Takes a lot of the worry about food-stamp wages out of the equation, but I digress.

That would be a start. We have to do something different. But you'd still have the question of what if you're company goes out of business trying to meet that min. contract? Then ALPA would be blamed for it and that would destroy unity even more. Seniority is being used against us in a terrible way. We have no unity b/c everyone has so much to lose. I'm railing on this, but until someone gives me an argument for why WE have set up our careers this way-- i'll have to keep it up. How many pilot's lives have to be turned upside down bc of this "marriage" to individual companies?

So does anyone know the answer? Is Woerth using the contacts he made while working for ALPA in the service of management now?

Latest resources

Back