Does JetBlue have career FO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MRYFLYER said:
Here is the million dollar question GT. Did you interview at UAL? This whole thing is sounding a bit like sour grapes. We have all met pilots from another carrier that we have thought, "what were they thinking". In your case people may even be saying that about you at your present job. I suppose you fly along telling others in your crew about your first hand knowledge of all things UAL and how YOU should have been hired. Perhaps you failed the personality portion of the interview, knowledge or could not do public math.

You don't like the name of the street the training center is located on? Take that up with the City of Denver. While you are at it find a city that does not have an MLK blvd.

Get over your rejection. How about the other companies that turned you down? What were the problems with them? Could not have been you.

32L, read back some and you will see that I am glad that I am not at UAL. It's not about me...it's about how you guys hired over there. Speaking of sour grapes, how did you feel about getting banned? What you said was truly low. Lets just see how long it takes for you to get banned again....my guess??? Maybe 2 weeks tops.

Do me a favor, go hang out there on MLK Blvd (of which you are so proud of) and why dont you re-write the hiring process for UAL.....maybe 5 hrs total on some cool flight simulator that you can do on your computer.

Last edited:
Guitar rocker said:
read back some and you will see that I am glad that I am not at UAL. It's not about me...

On the first sentence we both agree. I am glad you are not at UAL also. On the second, if it is not about you then why are you moaning about not getting hired. If you did not care to work for UAL then you would not have minded if they hired Pigeons to fly the planes. Instead you were turned down and see no reason why it could not have been your sparkling personality or perhaps even your flying skills that sent you home.

In the long run you are better off where you are, being bitter and growing old as a "Could have been a contender". And we are much better off without you.

MRYFLYER said:
On the first sentence we both agree. I am glad you are not at UAL also. On the second, if it is not about you then why are you moaning about not getting hired. If you did not care to work for UAL then you would not have minded if they hired Pigeons to fly the planes. Instead you were turned down and see no reason why it could not have been your sparkling personality or perhaps even your flying skills that sent you home.

In the long run you are better off where you are, being bitter and growing old as a "Could have been a contender". And we are much better off without you.

Funny how there is just no denying that it's you 32L...you worthless scumbag.....I mean after that Air Tran comment you made, how is anyone to have respect for you? I'm going to hold on my 2 weeks from yesterday thing and then your going to have to spend another 10 smackers to come back here and get bashed again. In your dreams you fly Boeings, busses and McD's.........your probably just a lousy ramper driving around peoples bags from one Boeing or airbus to the next.

Anyway, read back again. It's not about me and I DONT care one bit that I am not at your lousy airline. All I have stated is that where is the fairness to all the others out there who were PLENTY qualified/had much more experience than myself and were turned down because UAL found a college or low time wonder who was more "qualified?" If I were you, I would just open up my eyes and stop wasting time in dreamland and come to the realization that your airline did some serious minority hiring. Period.

I cant help but laugh at the growing old thing! Ha ha ahaaa. Coulda woulda been a contender....too funny. If I really cared, your statements would have some validity....but I could care less.

Last edited:
Guitar rocker said:
Funny how there is just no denying that it's you 32L...you worthless scumbag.....I mean after that Air Tran comment you made, how is anyone to have respect for you? I'm going to hold on my 2 weeks from yesterday thing and then your going to have to spend another 10 smackers to come back here and get bashed again. In your dreams you fly Boeings, busses and McD's.........your probably just a lousy ramper driving around peoples bags from one Boeing or airbus to the next.

Anyway, read back again. It's not about me and I DONT care one bit that I am not at your lousy airline. All I have stated is that where is the fairness to all the others out there who were PLENTY qualified/had much more experience than myself and were turned down because UAL found a college or low time wonder who was more "qualified?" If I were you, I would just open up my eyes and stop wasting time in dreamland and come to the realization that your airline did some serious minority hiring. Period.

I cant help but laugh at the growing old thing! Ha ha ahaaa. Coulda woulda been a contender....too funny. If I really cared, your statements would have some validity....but I could care less.

Imagine he coughed up that $10 to debate you over this. That really put a dent in his retirement so go easy on him ok?

32LT10/MRYFlyer lives in a strange world. A world where it is OK to make fun of fatal crashes at other airlines, but not his own . . . a world where other airlines are filled with scabs, but not his own . . . a world where hiring 350tt minorities because of their "good attitudes" is defensible . . . .

My guess is that he ponied up the $10. because his wife left him, his dog ran off, and he didn't have anything left to kick.

Ty Webb said:
32LT10/MRYFlyer lives in a strange world. A world where it is OK to make fun of fatal crashes at other airlines, but not his own . . . a world where other airlines are filled with scabs, but not his own . . . a world where hiring 350tt minorities because of their "good attitudes" is defensible . . . .
Of course it is, how do you think she got hired!

My guess is that he ponied up the $10. because his wife left him, his dog ran off, and he didn't have anything left to kick.
Dog, wife, you're assuming they're different? I bet they're one in the same.
It's obvious this prick is 32, just let her be. She doesn't have any retirement, she probably gets harassed by captains for her lack of flying skills and comes on here to brag about being a UAL pilot! Good for her. We all know she slipped through the EEOC door! She'll be ponying up another $10 for a new membership in another week or 2 tops!

Guitar rocker said:
but I could care less.

If that is the case then why bring up your J/S stories and various other comments about UAL? For someone that does not care you seem to be filled with a great deal of words and venom.

Bosley said:
Of course it is, how do you think she got hired!

Dog, wife, you're assuming they're different? I bet they're one in the same.
It's obvious this prick is 32, just let her be. She doesn't have any retirement, she probably gets harassed by captains for her lack of flying skills and comes on here to brag about being a UAL pilot! Good for her. We all know she slipped through the EEOC door! She'll be ponying up another $10 for a new membership in another week or 2 tops!

Perfect.

MRYFLYER said:
If that is the case then why bring up your J/S stories and various other comments about UAL? For someone that does not care you seem to be filled with a great deal of words and venom.

32L, those are just some examples of folks that got hired over other great candidates that were found not to be qualified. Like I said, I could care less that I am not at UAL...........I do have some venom in my words for you though...........you have no character, respect for others or common decency. You should have saved your 10 bucks instead of coming back here just to get ratted on. 32L... I used to read your posts and often thought that you were plain ole arrogant, but after that AT comment, I just cant seem to round up an ounce of respect for you.

Last edited:
Guitar rocker said:
32L, those are just some examples of folks that got hired over other great candidates that were found not to be qualified. Like I said, I could care less that I am not at UAL........../quote]

GT,

What is a qualified pilot? At what time frame should a pilot be hired? Did you apply prior to achieving a magic number in your logbook? I will share my thoughts, an ATP should be a minimum based on the enviroment that exist today and has existed for many years. However, when I was hired I flew with many pilots that were recruited by UAL without any previous experience. When were these guys hired? 80's or 90's? Nope they were hired in the mid century and called Tracy's Aces. These pilots were all school teachers and various other professionals that were recruited based on the stanine.

The hiring requirments have fluctuated over the years much like the stock market. You say UAL did not hire other qualified pilots. Sure there are many qualified pilots but there are only so many people that will be hired at any given place. Maybe when they start hiring again next year you can reapply. If you want to forward a resume I will make sure it gets routed to the appropriate source.

Latest resources

Back