• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL CRJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew this, and it also appears that we maintained the status quo with the MEC. We have a CPZ coordinator with no voting rights.
So, yes I feel that we should just staple them now. I would love to have them on our list. Personally I think that they should be on there now.
The CPA pilot group is relatively new and there would not be one of them that would have an issue with it. I say lets do it!

Heyas ACL,

Agree.

CPZ was conceived and operated from the start as a extension of NWA (now DAL). For the entire time it has been existence, it has been %100 under the operational control of the NWA. There hasn't been a single decision over there that hasn't had some kind of NWA stamp of approval from some NWA muckety muck.

The absorption of CPZ would be a no brainer.

The same thing cannot be said Mesaba, PCL, Comair or any other operator. Each one of these operations has at least an "arms length" away from NWA/DAL.

It will be easy to merge CPZ. The agreement is essentially in place already. It will be MUCH harder with XJ (but I support this %100 as well), because you're talking about a VERY split fleet that includes Saabs, and mama DAL wants/needs that cheap turboprop feed. I also feel the senior pilots there will NOT like the opportunity that is presented, and it will become more trouble than it is worth.

MY prediction. Further LARGE re-wind of the 50 seaters. VERY small markets will continue to be served by XJ Saabs. The non-wholly owned operators will find their contracts gradually paired down and/or eliminated. I think the speed at which this happens is dependent on the outcome of the Mesa case.

I would say PCL will be cut loose. ASA as well. I don't think there is room enough for everyone, and these two have the most 50 seat exposure.

Large RJ feed will be consolidated into a single carrer. It wouldn't surprise me to see XJ split into the jet operation, which will be folded into CPZ, and a spin off of the turboprop operation.

One thing is certain. Fee for departure is dead, dead, dead, and mama Delta will not sign any new ones, and will try everything they can to wiggle out of the one's they have now.

FFD commits TOO much money when the economy goes south, and the "fuel cost caps" many contained cost the mainline a horrific amount of money during the run-up of oil, while loads collapsed.

Going forward, you will see what lift operators there are forced to "pay the freight" on the services they provide. Look for fee-per-passenger, and the regionals will be taking much more on the risk side. Guaranteed profits will be a thing of the past.

Nu

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere that DALPA got a $600,000,000 bargaining credit for scope relief in the bankruptcy negotiation.

Not true.

Actaully, I have heard more than one ALPA rep defend the scope concession during LOA 51 saying that we could not have recieved the retirement money if we had not given scope relief.

DALPA went from saying they would never concede on anything above 70 seats to down playing the new scope and talking up the retirement money and bankruptcy claim in the space of a week. Draw your own conclussions.

If the aircraft says Delta on the side, it should be flown by Delta pilots. We should start with the larger EMB175s and CRJ900s and work our way down.

This proves my point...In one breath you say anything with delta on the side...but let's start with the biggest??

Why not start with the mesaba Saabs?

Also for the record MESABA DOES HAVE A FLOW AGREEMENT WITH DELTA!!!!

This proves my point...In one breath you say anything with delta on the side...but let's start with the biggest??

Why not start with the mesaba Saabs?

Also for the record MESABA DOES HAVE A FLOW AGREEMENT WITH DELTA!!!!

Ok, so to be clear...if a Delta pilot is furloughed he/she can flow-down to a Mesaba Captain position and knock junior Mesaba pilots off the bottom. This is the case at Compass.

We would not start with the Saabs because those are the lowest paying and most of the SAAB flying was never NW or DL or at least hasn't been for several years. The EMB175s, and the CRJ900s fly former DL and NW route segments. I personally have flown almost every route segment in the Compass system during my 4000 hours as a DC-9 Co-pilot.

Also retaking the 34 seat Saab flying should be a goal but it's definitely not where we would start. Once again, in recapturing some of our flying, we would start where the money is. This is on the larger aircraft(EMBs and CRJ-900).

Last edited:
Actaully, I have heard more than one ALPA rep defend the scope concession during LOA 51 saying that we could not have recieved the retirement money if we had not given scope relief.

Michael, the question was, do we give them 30 76 seat aircraft and keep our contract, with it's notes, claims, pay raises, duty rigs, etc, or do we take it to the arbitrators panel and roll the dice, hoping to win and not have our contract rejected.

Quick question for you. Without a contract, what are the scope limits?

Quick question for you. Without a contract, what are the scope limits?

Without a contract there is no scope. Thats a simple one.

The union always made a big deal that it was only six seats....so why not do it. I saw it just the opposite. It was only six seats so I don't think there is any way the company would have let that deal fall through over scope.

Quick question for you. If scope was the issue that was going to potentially jeapardize the whole deal and cause a BK rejection of our contract, why was DALPA saying they would hold the line at 70 seats? They were very forceful in saying they would not allow bigger RJs.

If compass shared the same MEC and operated 50 seat aircraft on old DC9 routes, you guys would not be suggesting the staple.

NuGuy,

Think about way you're saying. The economy is the only variable as to what will happen with RJ flying. If Mngmt. and invstors can put more money in their pocket by flying RJs, then they will and you know it. Not saying that it is a good thing.

Heyas ACL,

I would say PCL will be cut loose. ASA as well. I don't think there is room enough for everyone, and these two have the most 50 seat exposure.

Large RJ feed will be consolidated into a single carrer. It wouldn't surprise me to see XJ split into the jet operation, which will be folded into CPZ, and a spin off of the turboprop operation.

One thing is certain. Fee for departure is dead, dead, dead, and mama Delta will not sign any new ones, and will try everything they can to wiggle out of the one's they have now.

Nu

Doesn't ASA ala SkyWest have a pretty tight contract with Delta? Heard they were already at the minimum block hours.

Latest resources

Back