• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Diarrhea in a freighter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Irony is when you're hauling that load of rubber dog crap out of Hong Kong when it happens

Irony is when you're hauling that load of rubber dog crap out of Hong Kong when it happens

Ya gotta be shi++ing me!!!

Well...

there was a Captain who commented on the "disgusting shotgun spatter of mud" that our somewhat deficient supply of blue goo failed to remove from the nearly antique stainless steel of the bowl of our aging potty after I had to make a quick trip to the lav...thank God for lavs-even deficient ones! Perhaps it was that the Chinese made Thai food rebelled, or maybe something from the buffet breakfast in VHHH!

Sadly though I cannot confirm that there was any rubber dog crap amongst the cargo...

Last edited:
I had an experience one time when I was flying checks... I just remember thinking that I should hit the bathroom (before takeoff) as there was a little pressure opposing my o-ring. I decided, because I was a good employee :), that getting there ASAP was better. So I left for the 1 hour flight and about 25 minutes into it, the "TREMORS" started... went away after 5 min, came back a few minutes later and lasted @ 7 min... etc. They kept getting worse. I nearly punched a grumpy in my pants on short final! I never taxied and parked so fast in my whole career. I had a friend who was less fortunate... He had the same problem and thought he was gonna make it. He then decided to make an unschedualed landing enroute and had a blowout on final. He went to the bathroom and cleeaned up his mess, but everyone on the ramp new what happened, because he made such a big mess in his pants (he was wearing Khaki shorts!). Anyhow, his name is... just kidding hahaha! True story though.

Thread dump, correction, bump!

eP.

Once the bowls have been irritated-something that they don't like, too much really good beer, too much cheap beer, that favorite Thai dish being several orders of magnitude more caustic than last time you had it (how do they do that?), e-coli, salmonella or whatever, it can take several days for them to settle back down even after the offending agent has been purged.

While you can take things to plug yourself up-your old bod is really trying to divest itself of poison of some sort. Best thing to do is eat mild things (white rice and bananas, egg drop soup), avoid roughage (salad, raisin bran, lutefisk :puke:) Hot foods (buffalo hot wings, Thai pork with basil and chili, jalopenos, habeneros and serranos-these are some of my favorite things), push fluids and recoup for a day or two...

So I was the first one to become a victim of (we've concluded) the bad truckload of chicken...for more victims came later and we'd all had supper at a different restaurant for the second wave!

So some months ago I'm at on of the local restaurants in one of our regular stops in the Persian Gulf. I had the chicken...poor choice! But we had two days and I feeling much better-except for having to $hit exactly twenty three minutes after eating anything...and with a lav even the 12 hour flight was not going to be a problem.

Thing is we got back stateside and I forgot that first little bit about avoiding roughage. If your intestines have been insulted, avoid all you can eat salad bars! I couldn't believe I was so stupid...ah well, I'd live. Lord pity the maid that cleaned my much abused sanitary fixture, but I was recovering...

But we're blasting off again for another 12 hour flight. I'm okay, feeling pretty damned good really-just that there's some kind of short cut in the normal time for food processing. We hit the deck in the sandbox running...it's party time!

I'm told of this wonderful restaurant that cooks their food over charcoal. Many have eaten there, it's a company favorite so to speak. I'm thinking that's good, nothing survives being grilled!

Not True!

So the three of us wait for the egregious heat and humidity of the day to abate a few hours after nightfall and then we wander off through the sandy streets to the great charcoal grill of legend!

I opt for a small portion of chicken kabap and some rice as I'm really not up to eating half a chicken like the rest of the crew...

Especially half a chicken that must have been sitting out in the 120 degree sun in some sort of a unairconditioned delivery van or mishandled in some other way.

My colleagues suffered miserable torment throughout the night and much of the following layover day...cold and hot sweats, violent purging from both ends and suchlike. A complete waste of a day off! It's hard to enjoy a well deserved beverage when you're feeling like that!

I wasn't sick though...you see, that damned chicken wasn't in me for 23 minutes anyway! I still had the $hits from the last trip and the dang salad bar!

I understand that no one has returned to the great charcoal grill of legend though...I'm sure all that chicken is gone by now!

And still, there was the lav in our trusty aeroplane! A real lav mind you, not a portapotty!

Just read all 478 posts (its been a slow few days). anyone have a link to that F-15 audio clip? the link a few pages back doesnt work anymore.

Ahhhh, the good old days....

An Oragami Toilet, made from a USA Today, European addition, in the back of a DC-7CF brings back found memories. Nothing like the purr of R3350's Turbo Compounds encouraging gastro-intestinal purging......BTW Helpful Aviator Tip #123; Mussels should NEVER BE EATEN on the road..... The old bird had NOTHING in back but green coffee beans....I often wonder if the end product had any aromatic additions not acquired from the sol of Ethiopia?:D?

32 pages of poop stories. That has to be some sort of twisted record.

Latest resources

Back