• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True dat. I will never disagree that the management of DHL needs a bleaching to the point their stain is gone forever. They need a restructuring alright, but they need to start from the top down. That Mullen screwed the pooch on integration and he continues to be a disaster for them. How this guy still still is employed boggles the mind. As long as he is in charge of DHL they will never make the climb out of the cesspool they put themselves in. You are right there isn't a law....but there should be.

Isn't this called the "Peter Principle"?

Isn't this called the "Peter Principle"?

:laugh: yes, it is. I think Mullen reached that "level" before he was promoted to where he is today. I never read the book, however. Is it worth the read? With all that is going on here with DHL, maybe I would enjoy it more.

Last edited:
Take whatever solice you want from the hearings. The end result of this will be the same. DHL will not go forward as a company here

Take whatever solice you want from the hearings. The end result of this will be the same. DHL will not go forward as a company here

Then that will be their loss no matter what comes of this. Right now you say they are to die alone, I say they will die with the UPS hands around their throat. I also say they have a system that needs new leadership to survive this market and be stronger in the end. If they want to die by pulling out of the USA, it is their decision. But to die by UPS is something I would like to see stopped.

Remember the CEO answers to the board of Dir. When a company losses this much money something must be done. He has stated if before many times and I think no one believes him. The UPS deal must go throug losing 8000 jobs or DHL will pull out of NA and 43000 jobs will be lost. As of today they said the deal will take to the end of the year. Well I think DHL has figured out that US Gov is going to drag this out at 5 mil a day loss and they can't have this. My prediction is if this is not done by the end of Dec, the deal will be done and DHL will start pulling the plug. DHL will subcontract out all packages from Europe and Asia be carried by UPS and no intra NA will be done. I also think, now you guys will love this from a UPS pilot, that UPS will furlough 100 to 200 guys in the late spring as part of the there capacity cuts and no DHL crap to carry plan they are no dout planning right now. Yes I said furlough for those guys in brown that can't believe it can happen. We are fat, the over 60 mostly came back and things are slowing in Asia and Europe now. 150 guys is 15 million is salary savings alone not to mention bennies and retirement (Aand B fund). Looks good on paper meets the bean counters numbers. So you see we all loose from DHL guys, UPS guys, the american consumer, BUT HEY THE LAWYERS AT ANTI TRUCT COMPANY WILL BE ABLE TO HIRE SOME WELL QUALIFIED PILOTS TO PAINT THEIR NEW HOME IN ASPEN. So lets screw the lawyers and not each other.

Remember the CEO answers to the board of Dir. When a company losses this much money something must be done. He has stated if before many times and I think no one believes him. The UPS deal must go throug losing 8000 jobs or DHL will pull out of NA and 43000 jobs will be lost. As of today they said the deal will take to the end of the year. Well I think DHL has figured out that US Gov is going to drag this out at 5 mil a day loss and they can't have this. My prediction is if this is not done by the end of Dec, the deal will be done and DHL will start pulling the plug. DHL will subcontract out all packages from Europe and Asia be carried by UPS and no intra NA will be done. I also think, now you guys will love this from a UPS pilot, that UPS will furlough 100 to 200 guys in the late spring as part of the there capacity cuts and no DHL crap to carry plan they are no dout planning right now. Yes I said furlough for those guys in brown that can't believe it can happen. We are fat, the over 60 mostly came back and things are slowing in Asia and Europe now. 150 guys is 15 million is salary savings alone not to mention bennies and retirement (Aand B fund). Looks good on paper meets the bean counters numbers. So you see we all loose from DHL guys, UPS guys, the american consumer, BUT HEY THE LAWYERS AT ANTI TRUCT COMPANY WILL BE ABLE TO HIRE SOME WELL QUALIFIED PILOTS TO PAINT THEIR NEW HOME IN ASPEN. So lets screw the lawyers and not each other.

GREAT! Let's start by UPS pilots saying they will not haul the DHL scraps so that 1000+ ABX and Astar pilots can haul the DHL freight. And ABX and Astar pilots, no hauling UPS freight.

Last edited:
Then that will be their loss no matter what comes of this. Right now you say they are to die alone, I say they will die with the UPS hands around their throat. I also say they have a system that needs new leadership to survive this market and be stronger in the end. If they want to die by pulling out of the USA, it is their decision. But to die by UPS is something I would like to see stopped.
It's not fair to blame UPS for this. DHL wasn't "killed" by UPS, they died by their own hand. I doubt that new leadership would save them. New leadership 25 years ago, maybe, but not now. What's happening right now is the culmination of 2 decades worth of bad management and failure to invest in the business.

UPS and FedEx both lost billions before they ever turned a profit from their International operations. DHL, though larger than either of their competitors, is unwilling to spend that kind of money here to develop the domestic feed they need to support their International ops. They'll pay the price for that, eventually. But when it happens, it will have been their actions that brought them down, not UPS's.

I remember when at TWA and bought by AA and the senority was decided and before, how guys spent all there time on this web-site or anther throwing crap back and forth. Well a few of us smart guys decided to use our time to look for another job, Ie make phone calls, network, up date log books and redue resumes. Well we all went to work while those who spent what few days of employment left bitching and keeping their head in the sand. Stop your bitching and whinning loosing your job happens in every job sector and people move on. But for some reason pilots take it personal, like we are entitled to somthing. Your not entitled to crap in this country so live with it or move to tibet. There are losts of jobs you just have to go after them and be willing to work to get them. Being a pilot makes people lazy and forget they are type a and have other skills that are desired.

Latest resources

Back