• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's a neat invention out there called an airplane. I bet he could have toured the damage all morning, jumped in this thing called an airplane and zipped on down to DC in time for the hearing this afternoon. Then he could have zipped on home to Ohio to tour some more damaged areas tomorrow.

The flight is about an hour. I've done it. I guess the hearing isn't much of a priority though. Oh well.

Tour a whole state in a morning, then be in DC in time to at a 2pm meeting that will last maybe 3 hours. Wait, did I miss the cape draped across the Governors back with the big S on it. Oh wait, you have done it. Riiiigghhhhttt. Not much of a priority. Riiiigghhhhtt. So is that $5 worth of smack you are on or 10? :rolleyes:

Doesn't FedEx compete with DHL, UPS and the Post Office?

Doesn't FedEx carry the mail for the post office?

Doesn't FedEx compete with DHL, UPS and the Post Office?

Doesn't FedEx carry the mail for the post office?

Doesn't the post office use UPS and commercial carriers? Doesn't the postal service sort their own freight? Doesn't this deal cover UPS sorting and flying ALL of the DHL freight in the US?

I don't know the history of the Clinton admin. law you speak of.

Here is a small piece of the law he changed.

President Bill Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagall Act which had prevented the coupling of investment banking and lending. To be exact, on November 12, 1999, President Bill Clinton signed into law the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933. One of the effects of the repeal is it allowed commercial and investment banks to consolidate. Economists have criticized the action.

Mullen again emphasized that the pending agreement would not involve any merger, acquisition, alliance, or transfer of assets between DHL and UPS. “DHL will remain fiercely competitive with UPS and FedEx.”

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too!

Mullen again emphasized that the pending agreement would not involve any merger, acquisition, alliance, or transfer of assets between DHL and UPS. “DHL will remain fiercely competitive with UPS and FedEx.”

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too!

I was not able to watch the whole hearing. What I was able to watch I found very interesting. For starters I found it interesting that UPS approached DHL to combine their services to lead to where we are today. In a related story: McDonald's approached Burger King to have them sell the Big Mac at all US Burger King locations so Burger King can cut costs by closing their kitchens down. :nuts:

EDIT: Another question I found intriguing was from Representative Jean Schmidt. She asked Mullen; What happens in 10 years if UPS decides it no longer wants to deal with DHL? If UPS does not agree to an extension would it even be possible for DHL to re-ramp an aviation side? No sort centers left, no aircraft or airline partners, no HUB. Would that not leave DHL impotent and effectively put them out of business. WOW! What a GREAT question!

Last edited:
And what was the response?

With the best deer in headlights look only Mullen and Bush 2 could produce:

ubbub ummub 2 years notice ummm shou..ummm would give us time to find errrm ummmbub alternatives errrm in the contract.

They can't even get a contact nailed down they have been talking about since February 13th. Does anyone buy that DHL can get a HUB AND airline up and running their products in a 2 year time frame if UPS dumps them? HA!

EDIT: His almost shock at the question makes me think (more than ever) there is something more sinister going on here. And MUCH bigger than we all know.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back