• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shooter, in fairness, the IPA did request UPS to offer preferential interviews to both Astar and ABX pilots. UPS management declined to do so.

Shooter, in fairness, the IPA did request UPS to offer preferential interviews to both Astar and ABX pilots. UPS management declined to do so.

They respect their fellow aviators and I respect them for it. They should not take no as an answer as it goes against the fabric which the founders of UPS stood for when you look at this whole deal and it's impact. Somehow I think the workers of UPS understand the roots of their company, yet their management has lost its way.

it goes against the fabric which the founders of UPS stood for when you look at this whole deal and it's impact. Somehow I think the workers of UPS understand the roots of their company, yet their management has lost its way.

I don't think most see it that way. DHL is the competition and UPS is looking out for the best interests of its company, its shareholders and UPS employees.

If the roles were reversed you guys would do the same thing, and you as a DHL employee would advocate the same thing. Business is business and it's usually ugly and unforgiving.

I don't like it, but themz the rulz.

I don't think most see it that way. DHL is the competition and UPS is looking out for the best interests of its company, its shareholders and UPS employees.

If the roles were reversed you guys would do the same thing, and you as a DHL employee would advocate the same thing. Business is business and it's usually ugly and unforgiving.

I don't like it, but themz the rulz.

Jim Casey saw things that way. "Doing well by doing good" were his exact words.

In 1951, Jim Casey established The UPS Foundation because he understood that the financial bottom line and community service are not mutually exclusive and that, in order to do both, you had to do them together. He believed in doing the right things for the right reasons, and today's UPS leadership has built on his efforts.

Now come on down to Wilmington, Bob. Your mother lives in Columbus so it should not be to much to do so. And tell me how this community will be able to keep its schools open. This move will destroy this community. Why is that so hard for everyone to figure out? And ask if that is doing the right thing for the right reason.

Jim Casey saw things that way. "Doing well by doing good" were his exact words.

Now come on down to Wilmington, Bob. Your mother lives in Columbus so it should not be to much to do so. And tell me how this community will be able to keep its schools open. This move will destroy this community. Why is that so hard for everyone to figure out? And ask if that is doing the right thing for the right reason.

Wilmington isn't the first community that this has happened to, and it will not be the last.

Pittsburgh, PA is still a vibrant city and many more jobs were lost there by steel mill closings than will be lost by DHL switching vendors. Quit being so dramatic.

Adapt or move to another city. I've lived in 6 different cities because of this career.

Wilmington isn't the first community that this has happened to, and it will not be the last.

Pittsburgh, PA is still a vibrant city and many more jobs were lost there by steel mill closings than will be lost by DHL switching vendors. Quit being so dramatic.

Adapt or move to another city. I've lived in 6 different cities because of this career.

That is both sad and true. It still does not excuse the corporate created devastation that will follow. I just think the VERY least UPS could do, since it has such a huge history of philanthropy, would be to try and minimize the impact this area will suffer as a result of their own actions. If that would be by opening jobs up to those affected, community economic assistance by working with Ohio to attract new employers to even using ILN as a HUB of their own. Something, ANYTHING would help out this area from this mess. And to date, nothing. Maybe the Annie E. Casey Foundation can come when the schools close and homeless hungry kids need a meal. Seriously, do SOMETHING UPS. You proposed this disaster to DHL and their incompetent management.

EDIT: And I am not moving. I like where I live and plan to leave aviation. I am trying to tweak my resume right now. But even though I do not live in Wilmington, many of my co-workers and friends do. And I feel it is the right thing to help fight with them, to help them.

Last edited:
They respect their fellow aviators and I respect them for it. They should not take no as an answer as it goes against the fabric which the founders of UPS stood for when you look at this whole deal and it's impact. Somehow I think the workers of UPS understand the roots of their company, yet their management has lost its way.

I understand your feelings on this Shooter, but precisely how would the employees force management to do anything legally? All I've ever asked for on this board is for UPS folks to not get their knickers in a bunch when we unleashed the hounds against both DHL and UPS. I think that's about the best one could hope for.

I understand your feelings on this Shooter, but precisely how would the employees force management to do anything legally? All I've ever asked for on this board is for UPS folks to not get their knickers in a bunch when we unleashed the hounds against both DHL and UPS. I think that's about the best one could hope for.

See my post above yours. I just would like to see UPS help the community they are destroying by joining with DHL. I really don't think most understand how bad this really is for the communities in SW Ohio, especially Boobie Dylan. It is more than just the jobs. It is also about what those jobs support in the community.

Last edited:
The yahoo board if full of fools and angry people with gripes and rumors. But every now and again there is a sparkle of truth that comes out. Such as this posting today from someone there:

Aircraft Mechanics - Wilmington Airport, OH

Confidential 5 - Wilmington Airport, OH, United States (profile)
  • Permanent position
  • Full-time
Qualifications

Looking for several experienced aircraft mechanics, 747 experience preferred, to work 747 freighter aircraft Midnight shift, Monday thru Friday. Full and Part time positions, beginning 4th week March.

Compensation / Benefits

Competitive salary and benefits.
Application Instructions

Please e-mail your resume.
Direct employment inquiries to:
Confidential 5
ILN
Wilmington Airport, OH
United States
This job listing was posted on 2008-08-17.

http://www.aviationemployment.com/job-listings/list-jobs.cgi?id=32437
----------------------------------------------

Can someone make heads or tails of just WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?:confused:

Latest resources

Back