• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL looses a can in Baghdad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wasn't there a Premier hti by a SAM a while ago?

Great flying by the pilots of the DHL plane.

superpowers don't do well on regular battlefields, because our armed forces are paid to do their job, while theirs consider it an obligation to g-d

Your ignorance and stupidity are as endless as your cliches. Hopefully you will make that comment to a Marine or a Ranger in person one day and they will show you how effective they are at kicking ass. Hopefully they will leave you with a tooth or two and a quarter to call an ambulance.

What do you know about the motivations of men who fight for this country? Have you served? I believe you will find that most people serve out of a deep love of this country. There might be some that do it for money, but I have never met any and I would bet they do not serve in combat units.

You claim we are in Iraq for money? You claim our enemy is in Iraq for God? It is all about power for both. They would like to see a dictatorial theocracy and we would like to see a democratic republic. I strongly beleive that the people of Iraq will be better off under the latter.

If you feel otherwise, then I am sure you will vote for Pat Robertson in the next election.

Last edited:
Unlike warfare in the western world which seeks a decisive battle, guerillas simply try and outlast you. You have to hunt them down and kill them, its not easy, quick, or pretty - not a job for the ACLU....

The last thing you want to do is pull out of Iraq, then the precedent is set that the US lacks the will for an extended fight and this will only lead to more terrorism.

VFR on Top said:
Or alternatively, maybe just stop doing Israel's dirty work for them and let them fend for themselves? We need the ties to the arab countries more than we need the ties to Israel.

Never happen, though. Way too much Jewish money lining the pockets of way too many politicians, not to mention the whole neo-conservative club's grip on the Bush White House.

VFR ON TOP

You are right on the money!

I already beat this topic to death awhile back, I agree 100%!

There are a few US airlines with landing rights at saddam international, euhh, baghdad international. Kalitta is one of them, I believe Atlas or Polar is another.
They have special procedures to fly in there like a 6 degree glide path from 10.000ft. So you get in landing configuration and just push it over at idle power. Climb out is as steep as possible. At night no lights except runway lights. If you're to fast / high and need to go around it's a bank and jank manouver at 400'

Or alternatively, maybe just stop doing Israel's dirty work for them and let them fend for themselves? We need the ties to the arab countries more than we need the ties to Israel.

Never happen, though. Way too much Jewish money lining the pockets of way too many politicians, not to mention the whole neo-conservative club's grip on the Bush White House.

I could not agree more with you. Sad when you see how much that this botched administration supports those "jews".

3 5 0

Riiiiiiight. So we stop giving billions to those mean Jew people who are so wrongly eaking out a living on a meager 80 square miles or so out of the hundreds of thousands that comprise the middle east and what?

They get over-run, booted out, and then what? A calm and lasting peace settles over the region? No more attempts to bomb any U.S. buildings, people, or planes? You are out of your fu--ing mind. Please shut up or you'll ge ME killed, not just yourself.

Look at how well things are working out in South Africa. Letting the scumbags run rampant is not a solution. Killing every single one of your enemies is.

Bart is right.

Metrodriver

Just to let you know, Kalitta has rights to land in Bagdad but do not go there. They have daily flights to Kuwait and Bahrain where DHL picks up from there. Flight crews at Kalitta have NO insurance while operating in a war zone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back