• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL in talks to sell US Unit to FDX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Further to my previous, just had a communication from HQ on the new LCAG/DHL joint venture airline "Aero-Logic".

It'll launch out of LEJ in the summer of 2009 with an order for 8 + 3 options for the 777LR Freighter.

I quote from the press release:

Probable route network on weekdays:

Singapore, Bangkok, Dubai, Bombay, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Seoul, Nagoya, Almaty, East Midlands, Milan.

Probable network at weekends: Shanghai, Astana, Singapore, Bangkok, Sharjah, Hong Kong, Chicago, New York

2 US destinations in total, both of which will be with LH freight only. In other words, the US is not where the future of the company lies.

Hey Euro....

Check your PM's.

AV8OR

Also....

It's my understanding, the Luft/DHL company is looking for pilots. Have any idea if a yank has a chance with that operation?

>>>>>>>>>>>You don't really know a whole lot about international logistics, do you?<<<<<<<<<<<<

Eurowheenie, just your stupid name and icon of some chick with her butt sticking out leads me to believe you are an idiot with nothing more than a 10 dollar bill hanging out of your pocket to join this forum. Everything you spout is bull or can be read on other forums.

FYI, yes ABX has helped DHL numerous times. What about the DC-9 that ABX agreed to pull from San Juan prior to the end of the first year during the status quo. ABX did not have to do that but they did so DHL could get bigger equipment to better service the customers. You talk out of your a**

Chances of US nationals joining Aero-Logic? I don't see why not, provided they've got a JAR ticket and the right to live and work in the EU.

DC8 Express

Wow, why thank you for the kind words. A true gentleman. And you provide an example of how ABX "pulled" an aircraft. Amazing. You do know how ABX is paid, right? Hardly a bad move, financially, by ABX to do some additional flying for DHL. I could provide you with numerous examples of how ABX has actively been obstructing the company, some of which could be perceived as outright illegal. But I won't have a libel case rammed down my throat so shall refrain from doing so in public.

Now instead of hurling insults and concentrating on something as irrelevant as a name and avatar, why don't you spend a moment or two and educate us with your vast knowledge of international logistics. With the statements you threw at me, you just got to have a ph.d or MBA in this area. I am standing by, Sir, to learn.

PS
We use dollar bills to wipe our behinds this side of the pond. The correct currency over here is the Euro. But you knew that already, didn't you?

Last edited:
DPWN dismisses DHL Express sale

28-Jan-2008 : THE sale of DHL Express US “can be completely ruled out”, said owner Deutsche Post World Net.

The statement came in response to last week’s media reports that DPWN was in talks with FedEx about selling its US express assets.

DPWN said the company will “retain a significant presence” in the US but added that DHL’s US operations must “reduce the level of operating losses.”

“Work continues to identify the optimal solution to performance improvements in the US Express business,” said DPWN. The company’s 2007 results were “in line with its expectations and guidance of around 3.7 billion euros EBIT before non-recurring effects”.

DPWN still expects the Express division to make “consistent progress” in underlying profit and to reach an EBIT of between 900 million euros and 1.1 billion euros in 2009.

Great, more euro-trash spreading their anti-American ignorance. Yes weenie, we know our dollar is not in the best shape as of late, but not too long ago your kind clamored to get their hands on our dollar. And if you really want to go back a stretch lets talk about the other times Germans felt the need to stretch their legs across your precious EU and who went there to stand up for you. And as a matter of keeping it within the DHL topic, the USA has close to 50% of all parcel business in the world. That is the reason DHL not only wants to be here, but needs to be here. If you do not understand that sir, you are are truly ignorant to this business.

Keep your euro-trash on your side of the pond or show some respect, thank you.

Conquest..

I read somewhere that the Germans were unsuccessful in using warfare to conquer the world...Now they are simply going to buy it!:rolleyes:

Like Yoda said "and that is why you fail!"

You're right dog. I only wish that we'd had the wisdom to get on board with the C container program. Things might be different. I am simply appalled that a 40 Billion dollar global company won't take the advice of fine minds like yours. We're doomed I tell you. Doomed!

EuroWheenie: But you cannot compare the old ABX products to those offered by DHL, and stating that it worked in the olden days is not a valid argument. The world went and changed on ABX, but ABX kept sticking to their old methods which became, and still are, obsolete.

What products? The product is to get the package to the customer within a set time frame.

You must be spewing forth snippets of wisdom from the brave world of the DHL newage management manual where less in the way of on-time delivery is more and money magically generates itself from incompetence.

Viewed from such a warped perspective the old ABX business model which consistently generated profit would indeed be viewed as obsolete.

Delivering packages on time. Not very exciting I know, and totally unimaginative, but it did make money.

The only product is the package, or are you weenie inhabitants of DHL Euroworld now also offering the customer a massage upon delivery along with a nice cup of tea with the option of doing the week's grocery shop or neutering their cat?

Pure and simple: on this side of the pond a package delivered on time is both the product and the profit.

Latest resources

Back