Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite all the woes of the industry.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll find a lot of complaining on this website, as well as some genuine concern regarding contract negotiations, etc. But...

If anyone as lived any kind of life experience knows that there are problems in every job, at every employer without exception.

Every day flying professionally has different challenges...some management induced, others equipment, ATC, or by weather. It still kicks butt on sitting in an office...IF you were wired to fly. You can't beat the view out the window.

Chicken Littles will always abound. If an aviation career is your desire, don't worry about the environment, go for it and live.

Free coffee, morning pastries, and USA Today Sodukus are a plus. And it sure beats the office politics and arse kissing your cubicle buddies put up with on a daily basis.

Good crews, top notch views of St. Elmo's fire and the Northern Lights are some of my favorites.

+ I like flying the plane, Based in the best base in the company, Great F/O
( except a couple of tools ), get laid once in a blue moon, HHH, ITH overnight...

-TSA, F/A ( some of them ), PHL, 14H+ duty day and all the BS that come with that job.

- Working with a great crew
- Parking my jet and not clocking out
- No catering, cleaning, scrubbing, loading, unloading..........just some occassional babysitting of an FA:)
- Not bringing work home
- 14+ days off
Oh, and not knowing your boss' name........priceless.

This thread needs some more added to it.....

I love my job, everymorning pack up my back pack, gel up my hair, and throw on my IPOD.

1. Any time you're in a group of adults and a little kid asks you what you do for living...
2. The stockpile of tiny soaps, shampoo, and conditioner in my bathroom cabinet.
3. "Ooo, sorry! I'm flying that day!" is the ultimate get-out-of-stupid-things excuse ever!
4. Being the only Dad at the mid-week 2nd grade choir concert.
5. Telling old ladies who ask what's in those black bags all pilots carry: "Parachutes" (with a straight face)
6. The inner-smugness you feel when you hear a guy prattle on about the crushing piles of paperwork he has "on my desk at work".
7. Riding with SWA guys in the hotel van, and asking 'em: "So, what aircraft are you one now?" (That one never gets old!)
8. The nurse at my AME's office is uber-Hot! (I'm sportin' wood right now just thinking about her putting the EKG leads on me!)
9. The acronyms! An effective weapon when you're crammed next to an inquisitive pax while deadheading.
10. "The sunburn? Oh, I had a long layover in Honolulu. Wow! Looks like we got a lot of snow last few days!"

Latest resources

Back