Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite all the woes of the industry.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best part of the job..... the view from up front. You see things that very few people ever will. Awesome sunsets, the full moon rising from below, the geography of this country, thunderstorms at night (hopefully from a safe distance).

Is it worth all of the BS parts? I don't know, but I'll try to enjoy the view whenever I can.

One of my favorite things is blasting through a low overcast layer to reveal a clear blue sky above. I always think about how no one stuck on the ground that day will realize how nice and clear it is above just 500 or so feet.

I only do it cuzz chicks dig it...oh wait!

Best part of the job is the people I work with. Fantastic group. I'm not just talking about the FO's and FA's either. There's some really good people in every department from MX to the ramp. Although many (most?) of us are married and have busy lives away from work we still socialize once in a while and when someone is in a crisis we'll band together and do what we can to help.

Doing 250 indicated at 3,000

The time off and the good people (for the most part) that I work with.

If only I could choose where to take that $20 million airplane. Places like Tulsa, Cleveland, and Monroe LA definitely wouldn't be on the list if I had anything to do with it.

HAHAHAHA. I am sorry for you having to go to Monroe. Next time you are in town I'll buy you a beer to sooth the pain.

Here's a few others I just thought of:

1) Not having to do everyone elses job for them
2) Not having to "wear different hats"
3) Constantly changing scenery
4) Keeps your mental skills up to speed i.e. math
5) Already been mentioned but needs emphasis, best group of people you could work with

I still dont get tired of leveling off about 100' on top of an overcast stratus layer, in the late evening, with blue sky above. Looking out in front of you you get the impression you're traveling 1000000 mph. Reminds me of that part in dumb and dumber in the car where he pretends he's running.

Commuting still blows though.

Latest resources

Back