Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite all the woes of the industry.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of my favorite things is blasting through a low overcast layer to reveal a clear blue sky above. I always think about how no one stuck on the ground that day will realize how nice and clear it is above just 500 or so feet.

Or just the opposite.. Hand flying an ILS down to minimums in Syracuse snow, aquiring the approach lights to go down to 100' to see the runway and then greasing a Dash-8 landing. Great technology.

Jumpseating free anywhere in the country, or paying a nominal fee to see the rest of the world. Taking several international trips a year, when the average person may not go international several times in their life.

15 days off a month. Having your friends and family ask if you ever actually work cause it seems like you're always off.

Greatest office I could ask for. 180 degree panoramic view from a 1,000-4,100 story office. Don't have the same person sitting in the cubicle next to you for years. That person changes on a regular basis. Get to talk with dozens of different people each year about hobbies, travels, and experiences. Read or do puzzles on the job. All this while getting paid and not having your boss or others walking by all day looking over your shoulder. Great people at PDT!

New challenges everyday we go to work. Makes for an interesting job.

After all the years of commuting, I finally landed a job in my Hometown.

Sitting reserve in my own living room watching sharks do it on the nature channel. Ka-Ching!:cool:

Flying at night at 30K+, turning all the dislplay lights down and looking straight up at the universe. You can see more stars, comets, planets and especially satellites than you could ever imagine.
Also taking pictures of some of the coolest scenary and showing them to people to describe how your day at "work" went.

I'd have to agree with a previous post that my favorite part of the job is that when I set the parking brake at the end of the day my work is DONE! When my wife worked and we took time off it seemed like she always was fretting about the work that was piling up on her desk. I love that I don't have to do that.

Latest resources

Back