• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, expect to see DAL's 767-300ER fleet modified with Boeings new winglets, increasing the performance and efficiency of DAL's 767ER fleet.

There is no blended winglet program for the 767. 737 and 757 are the only two models that have the mod available and the 757 is not yet up to full speed.

Ex737Driver said:
There is no blended winglet program for the 767. 737 and 757 are the only two models that have the mod available and the 757 is not yet up to full speed.

It's in the works

Boeing was also said to be encouraging Asian Composites Manufacturing (ACM), its local joint venture with Hexcel, Naluri and Sime Darby in Bukit Kayu Hitam, to bid for the manufacture of these winglets. Boeing CommercialAirplanes customer support vice president Carl Brandenburg said there is an estimated market of more 1,000 B757 and B767 winglet retrofits. Mike Marino, APB’s CEO, says the company has invested in preliminary design work and analysis for a B767-300ER blended winglet following the success of the B737NG wingletprogramme and the launch of theB757 programme.

“We are out talking to launch customers right now on partnering with us to launch that programme.” The discussions have involved Air Canada, Hawaiian, American and Delta among other operators. The upgrade should add value to the aircraft and extend its useful life for most of the operators. The company is looking specifically at the 413,000lb high-gross-weight version of the B767-300ER.

Mike Stowell, VP of engineering, says the winglets themselves would add just over 10ft (3.3m) to the overall wingspan, stand 11ft (3.4m) tall and add approximately 2,300lb to the operating empty weight, including the winglets themselves, any necessary ballast and structural modifications to the wing. The modification is predicted to save around six per cent in block fuel at the aircraft’s 6,000 mile range, or about 4.5 per cent at 3,000 miles. The higher figure would translate into annual savings of up to 400,000 gallons of fuel.

http://www.aviation-industry.com/atem/newpages/current_atempdfs/AT75b767ext.pdf

Last edited:
Interesting info. I'm still a furloughee - waiting....applying to others....waiting.. a buddy in my reserve unit is still on reserve - he took a week off for mil duty last month and still flew something like 70+ -80 something hours with almos ta week and a half off with the schedule. He said they are flying his butt off on reserve. So....the flying is there....we just need to make it profitable.

Huh.
I saw - on the DALPA forums - that one of the guys in class this month was furloughed 5 months ahead of me. If you look at the seniority #s...that doesn't jive - so a lot of folks must be bypassing recall.
Wonder if the company planned for all these retirements - are any of them early?

dtfl said:
Huh.
I saw - on the DALPA forums - that one of the guys in class this month was furloughed 5 months ahead of me. If you look at the seniority #s...that doesn't jive - so a lot of folks must be bypassing recall.
Wonder if the company planned for all these retirements - are any of them early?

Quite a few folks are bypassing recall. Many have military obligations and others have jobs at other carriers and are rightfully waiting to see how things turn out before making the decision to come back.

I don't have the exact number in front of me, but I do believe that over 120 of the May 1st retirements are early, and no, the company did not plan on all these retirements.

On Your Six: Don't forget who has been paying for the retirement! It sure was not you guys! We are all trying to keep Big D afloat! Without ASA and COMAIR, Delta would have been in bankrupsy long ago! Tired of the same ole song....its all the rjs fault! GET A NEW RECORD!!!!

Latest resources

Back