Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
asarjfo said:
Amazing, no response. I am so shocked!!!!:rolleyes:

Oh hi, I WAS FLYING. It may be hard to believe, but I do fly occasionally. Anyway, you are not amazing. You must not know much about GG. He ran Western Airlines before selling to Delta and then stayed on the board for years. He had other businesses on the side, and did very well for himself. He also hired Leo Mullin, which now looks like a mistake, but at the time was better than Ron Allen. After watching our performance after 9-11 and the executive pension program fiasco, he fired Leo and took over himself. He has charted a new course and now has people here who want to be here for the job, not the cash. He has more years as CEO of an airline than you do out of your diapers. Check out his bio sometime please.

As far as dumping RJs, looks like Skywest is still interested in ASA, since they were in ATL very recently. That will be an interesting mix. Time to give some of those RJs to somebody else and the associated debt....

RJs haven't really helped us since fares shot down. Business travellers don't want to fly on them unless they are the only aircraft to that city. Sad but true, and you know it. They are great to cities without LCC competition, but head to head with a mainline LCC plane, they lose hands down. You can choose to ignore that, but it is true. Those 737-200s may be gas guzzlers, but they have first class seats and more room to work, and that brings the business guys back. everyone is looking for an upgrade or some personal space. Your plane lacks both, but hey, it's better than the E120....

So, go ahead and sulk and eat those stale bagels. Look up Grinstein on the Delta.net page and read his BIO----you might learn something. He is trying to manage this crisis, and hopefully he has a plan.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
FDJ2 said:
Actually it's 12.75 years. But what does Tech Ops know?

Come on FDJ2, Medflyer KNOWS EVERYTHING.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well General, I don't know? No one will want to buy an airline that is facing a pilot strike of 1800 plus pilots, not to mention 1000 flight attendants! It would be a huge mistake for Skywest to buy ASA! They don't want a union and that is all they would be getting!
Especially if they tried to staple us to the bottom of their list!hahaha NOT!!!
I agree with you about GG, I think that he has done some "good" but tough things with the company. He did an amazing job with Western, to bring them back from near bankrupcy was pretty amazing! Only time will tell!

Tomct said:
Well General, I don't know? No one will want to buy an airline that is facing a pilot strike of 1800 plus pilots, not to mention 1000 flight attendants! It would be a huge mistake for Skywest to buy ASA! They don't want a union and that is all they would be getting!
Especially if they tried to staple us to the bottom of their list!hahaha NOT!!!
I agree with you about GG, I think that he has done some "good" but tough things with the company. He did an amazing job with Western, to bring them back from near bankrupcy was pretty amazing! Only time will tell!

Tomct,

All I know is that SUPPOSEDLY some Skywest people were snooping around ASA's facilities as of late. It sounds like they are still interested, and I am sure we are willing to sell to get some cash and give away some RJ debt. As far as angry pilots and stews, I can't tell you what will happen there. It is tough when your owner, DL, is struggling and everyone else HAS to take a pay cut (all of DL's employees). Sure, ASA is profitable, but profits are just an "opinion"---as said to me by a Wall Street type person sitting in First Class on one of my flights.... You have to look at the owner's condition, and I am not saying you need pay cuts, I am just saying look at the big picture here. I hope it comes to an amicable conclusion for everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back