• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, a quick question. How long for a new hire to get an FO position in something a little larger, out on the west side of the country? Just a WAG is good enough.

Yeah, was going to write Goggles response- cant really say much to GL when it's a swa brother who digs in first-
Not that it wasn't a little funny-
Personally, I could use a bit more bling on the swa uni, can we get somewhere between the admiral suit and plain jane? I've never been more confused with skycaps than as an FO at swa-

So, a quick question. How long for a new hire to get an FO position in something a little larger, out on the west side of the country? Just a WAG is good enough.

There are currently 3 West Coast bases, LA, SLC, and SEA. All are fairly senior, but certain planes are more junior. LAX 737 and SLC 320 are the most junior, and might be able to be within reach after 1 year. If things are moving fast, then you might be able to add the 757/767 in LA to that list. If you are a reserve in LA though, you might have to start and end trips at LAX and SNA, not ONT so much anymore apparently. SEA is fairly senior on the 757/767, and very senior on the A330.

One good thing about commuting is the ability to get the jumpseat via the phone or online 6 days prior to going to work, 5 days prior to finishing work, so at least you know you have a seat. It is also based on first come, first serve via the phone/online, not via seniority for the jumpseat like at UAL. But, I live in base, so that is easier. Plenty of people do commute.

Bye Bye ---General Lee

Last edited:

Significant hiring once it starts. Just the 717's alone will generate 1200 or so pilots. Hiring into those slots will create movement throughout all categories. I would think you would be able to get to a bigger plane on the west coast within a couple of years. I think there is a 2 year seat lock so that's a realistic window.

You will be getting in at the right time for sure.

Hell, I might run through your interview process just for giggles. Some of my questions:

6. Is there furlough protection in the new contact?
7. How many days off on reserve?
8. Can we still get a double-breasted 24 brass button blazer even if we dont get hired?
9. How long do I have to wait until I am dozing for dollars on a 767-4 enroute to glamerous destinations whare they speak funny languages, eat exotic food, and drive on the wrong side of the road? My neighbor's 12 year old boy wanted me to ask that question.

How's your jealous switch doing burger? Full open? Seriously, what's with you SWA guys putting in your stupid change for a nickel on EVERY Delta thread.

Where do I sign and how much will you give me for 90 seat scope. Really anything with less than 2 aisles isn't for me.

Does Delta limit your credit per month and make you bank it for later? I know some majors did that in the past wondering if they still do.

How's your jealous switch doing burger? Full open? Seriously, what's with you SWA guys putting in your stupid change for a nickel on EVERY Delta thread.
Extremely jealous!! I miss wearing a pilot hat. I have not had a double breasted suit on since Easter 1986. I have not slept in a bunkbed since Cub Scout camp. I have not had a foreign beer since my last visit to Trader Joes. I only endure sleepless nIghts until your application window opens!! Mother Delta save my soul!!

Latest resources

Back