Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1 Rotate

Online application is submitted. Ready to move on if given the opportunity. Some questions I have for anyone in the know:

1) Have calls gone out for interviews to anyone yet?
2) What are the reserve rules? Short and/or long call out times?
3) Commuter clause?
4) Who is the health insurance through? Different plans to choose from for a family? Cost of these plans?
5) Once a line holder, what are the lines like? 2,3,4 days? Number of days off between trips?

Thanks in advance...

I don't believe Delta is hiring yet. They have been accepting applications for the last couple of years.

Hell, I might run through your interview process just for giggles. Some of my questions:

6. Is there furlough protection in the new contact?
7. How many days off on reserve?
8. Can we still get a double-breasted 24 brass button blazer even if we dont get hired?
9. How long do I have to wait until I am dozing for dollars on a 767-4 enroute to glamerous destinations whare they speak funny languages, eat exotic food, and drive on the wrong side of the road? My neighbor's 12 year old boy wanted me to ask that question.

Maybe not just yet, but I hear rumors of it happening soon. Whether it's next month or in six months, I'm still curious about the answers to the rest of my questions just so I'll know for my own benefit. I've decided that looking for a new job while I still have one is better than looking for one when I'm forced to. : /

Hell, I might run through your interview process just for giggles. Some of my questions:

6. Is there furlough protection in the new contact?
7. How many days off on reserve?
8. Can we still get a double-breasted 24 brass button blazer even if we dont get hired?
9. How long do I have to wait until I am dozing for dollars on a 767-4 enroute to glamerous destinations whare they speak funny languages, eat exotic food, and drive on the wrong side of the road? My neighbor's 12 year old boy wanted me to ask that question.

Fair enough. Add 6 & 7 to my list then.

Online application is submitted. Ready to move on if given the opportunity. Some questions I have for anyone in the know:

1) Have calls gone out for interviews to anyone yet?
2) What are the reserve rules? Short and/or long call out times?
3) Commuter clause?
4) Who is the health insurance through? Different plans to choose from for a family? Cost of these plans?
5) Once a line holder, what are the lines like? 2,3,4 days? Number of days off between trips?

Thanks in advance...

1) Not hiring yet so no calls.
2) Generally 16-17 days of reserve per month. Of that no more than 6-7 days of short call with a 2-2 1/2 hours notice. Balance of days on long call, 12 hour notice.
3) Don't remember much of a "commuter clause". Supposed to leave yourself two backups and some sort of call in honest stuff. It's YOUR responsiblity to get to work. No positive space for commuters.
4) United Health, I'm single so mines not too bad. Can't speak to the cost of the entire family. Different plans to choose from.
5) Recently seems like the lines are all over the place. I fly domesticly and have seen 1 day to 5 day trips. 5 day trips SUCK!
6) Furlough protection??

Hope this helps.

Prep!

1) Not hiring yet so no calls.
2) Generally 16-17 days of reserve per month. Of that no more than 6-7 days of short call with a 2-2 1/2 hours notice. Balance of days on long call, 12 hour notice.
3) Don't remember much of a "commuter clause". Supposed to leave yourself two backups and some sort of call in honest stuff. It's YOUR responsiblity to get to work. No positive space for commuters.
4) United Health, I'm single so mines not too bad. Can't speak to the cost of the entire family. Different plans to choose from.
5) Recently seems like the lines are all over the place. I fly domesticly and have seen 1 day to 5 day trips. 5 day trips SUCK!
6) Furlough protection??

Hope this helps.

Prep!

Thanks for the info. How many days off after a 4 or 5 day? Can reserve pilots pick up trips or trade reserve days for a lineholder's trip? Does scheduling contact you on your last off for a reserve assignment the next day? How much are average lineholders working per month?

Thanks for the info. How many days off after a 4 or 5 day? Can reserve pilots pick up trips or trade reserve days for a lineholder's trip? Does scheduling contact you on your last off for a reserve assignment the next day? How much are average lineholders working per month?

Work 3 or 4 days on and have 3 or 4 days off - depends on how you bid. Lineholders work 13-15 ish days a month. Reserve pilots can move reserve days around with constraints. If you are on reserve you are on reserve for the whole month. More time in the summers, 85 ish hours a month, less in the off season, 75 ish hours a month.. Hard to get premium flying.

It depends on the plane and base. Certain bases have domestic 4 day trips max, some have 5 day trips. There are also one day trips (turns), 2 day trips, 3 day trips, all the way up to 12 day trips on the INTL side. Before you hate that, most guys who bid those (and they go senior) bid one at the beginning of one month, and then can have 35 days off in a row until the next 12 day trip at the end of the following month. Those trips are often easy, one leg a day, over in Asia bouncing between islands (Guam, Saipan) and Tokyo, or going between Japan and Hawaii. Very easy.

So, to sum it up, Delta has variety. Certain bases don't have 5 day domestic trips mostly (mostly previous DL bases and planes, other than 767ER, have 4 day max domestic, FNWA planes and bases do have some 5 day trips). But, you can bid different planes (after 1 year seat hold for new hire) and different bases on the same plane (during any bid).

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back