• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA-whos seen it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hold scope firm. It why "RJ" guys went to a regional. For the plans of a major. Sure, lifers will exist, but the vast majority are building a resume. It's only a 30% difference for CA's and 50-100% for FO's for the same "negotiated" equipment. Sure, I'm from the "entitlement" generation, but the mainline guys hold the career for their sons, daughters, grand kids, etc. One slip up and RJ's are flying coast to coast and destroying the profession.

Since when is "regional" a 3hour flight from MEM-SLC? That's a week long road-trip and now an RJ turn?

Come on guys!? That's a single turn on a 2 day.

Take it back. Give us a future and the mainline guys some numbers below them.

Hold scope firm. It why "RJ" guys went to a regional. For the plans of a major. Sure, lifers will exist, but the vast majority are building a resume. It's only a 30% difference for CA's and 50-100% for FO's for the same "negotiated" equipment. Sure, I'm from the "entitlement" generation, but the mainline guys hold the career for their sons, daughters, grand kids, etc. One slip up and RJ's are flying coast to coast and destroying the profession.

Since when is "regional" a 3hour flight from MEM-SLC? That's a week long road-trip and now an RJ turn?

Things that make you go Hmmm...

I disagree.

You are absolutely correct it is for Delta Pilots to decide, which you so pointedly pointed out I am not. And believe me I'm reminded of that each and every time and I request a jump seat on MAINLINE or the days I walk through the terminal and say hello and simply get a smirk or the looking at his shoes...are they better at Delta....the shoes?

I just think it's funny that you are pounding your fist on the table saying NO MORE SCOPE RELIEF!!! Yet I have NEVER seen anyone on this board in all of it's millions of posts propose what they would be willing to sacrifice to purchase scope back. Instead we here things like "it's taking care of itself." Really how is it doing that? Because I've seen the seats and the weight of "scoped" aircraft get larger and larger and larger with each and every contract. But let me guess? This time is different right? Well I really truly and sincerely hope so. I would like a pair of those really nice shoes someday and as long as scope follows it's traditional path I'm not sure that I will. Rather what will happen is what always happens, you see management hold ALL the cards in bargaining. Each and every time ALPA hits a home run it's soon follow by chapter 11...read United circa 2000. The 50% will give into Top end scope protection, a bit of a raise, it's the same carrots every time.

What somewhat baffles me is that this has always been blamed on the "regional" pilot. That some how I am responsible for what YOU bargained away, weather in Bankruptcy or not. That you somehow expect me to quit going to work to feed my family for the benefit of yours. I have no illusions that your job... and shoes are better than mine, hence why most everyone is trying to get where you are.

So when the TA comes across your table for your review, don't be surprised when there is some twist on the numbers for larger jets to be operated by regional airlines. I can see it now, as your patting each other on the back for getting rid of all those 50 seaters a rather large increase in 86 seat jets will be the cost. You will most likely declare victory for not "really" giving in on scope.

In a week you will see what is at hand and as you so eloquently pointed out it will be decided by a DELTA pilot.

I was simply trying to start a dialog on what the DELTA pilot would be willing to use as currency to purchase back scope.

Great post but it's whether in bankruptcy and not "weather in bankruptcy..."

I agree with you, I do. I want more mainline jobs, and more mainline aircraft. I think that will be happening shortly, especially with higher gas prices. The 50 seat RJs will be dwindling in numbers. But, will more 76 seaters fill those gaps? I don't think mainline pilots will ever be able to "take back" any of the current 76 seaters out there (many are owned by different companies), but I would like for us to fly future 76 seaters, or try to limit them. I do see management asking for more 76 seaters, inexchange for more 50 seaters leaving the fleet. They want to reduce the number of TOTAL RJs, while at the same time increasing the number of 76 seaters. So, the total RATIO of mainline vs DCI flying increase in mainline's favor (not so currently), but they want to trade out some of the 50s for 76 seaters. I have heard rumors of this for the TA, although I haven't seen it yet. There are also rumors of 717s or more A319s coming to the fleet, and I would have to see that in writing before I would exactly believe that. The more 76 seaters out there, the less of a need for 100 seaters. We all know that. BTW, I don't know if anyone could fill a 717 from MEM to SLC. Maybe the CR9 is the right plane for that route? It's a long thin route, and that's why some CR9s or E175s are probably needed. It would be nice if they were flown by mainline pilots, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I've seen it. It was really good. Then they went into bankruptcy and it got trashed. Eventually they merged with Northwest.

This is absolutely dead on. The man hit it out of the park.

I'd like to know who leaked these pay rates while holding back the scope details. Are we really nothing more than a bunch of housewives? "Oooohhh, look at the shiny baubles!!!"

Who leaked these rates and why????

He actually DIDN"T hit it out of the park. He obviously does not know about the intricacies of the Delta contract, yet feels compelled to comment. While some misguided Delta guys may try and blame connection pilots for their plight, most know that it is the Delta contract which sets that metric.

Connection ASMs are going away, and that right quickly. Something has to be there to be the accumulator. It will be the fabled 100 seat aircraft finally showing its teeth. 76 seat aircraft will take care of the small cities unable to make the 100 seaters profitable. 50 seat aircraft will become much more rare in the near future. More importantly, in this guy's opinion, is that Delta will regain the quality on its flights. I have yet to fly on a connection carrier where I have not been embarrassed at the way we treat our customers. Therein lies the key IMO.

Less exposure to connection and their employees, along with more exposure to mainline and our employees will mean a more dedicated customer to Delta--willing to pay that higher price for their ticket/accessories.

What is your definition of a small city? Bos-JFK, DFW-JFK, SLC-sfo, the list goes on and on. These 76 seat AC are replacing mainline. You need to take a closer look into what we are actually flying.

Latest resources

Back