Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did a SWA pilot just call a Delta pilot a "sellout"??? :rolleyes:

A former legacy pilot who had his job outsourced called a delta pilot a sellout- yes. Until they prove me wrong, I'll continue to. Those that hold onto the pride and CONSIDERABLE achievements of DALPA are toting achievements at least 15 years old.

Man, was I an incredible athlete 15 years ago- you guys should have seen it.

NOW is all that matters.

I'm sure you would like me to STFU -
You're wrong^^^ this deal affects everyone in the industry. All this does is get rid of a 150 50-seaters that are fuel priced out of the market anyway for raises far less than what DALPA pilots deserve.

As a SW pilot I'm, in the short term, far more affected by the largest legacy network pilots still making less than us than scope- but I talk as a former legacy guy. With the understanding that outsourcing undermines wages severely in the long run.

Wave, help me out here because I expect more from you than the Tankerclown/Outerlimits type SWA folks on here.
It's on here elsewhere that a DAL 737 Captain get's $249 an hour (hourly rate plus dc match) a SWA Captain get's $236 when combining hourly and 401k match. I 'm quoting PCL by the way. Clearly they are reducing the RJ flying with this contract and some of the biggest gains benefit the reserve (read junior) pilots. They also wisely made this a short contract so they will be able to get back to the table and build on the gains they made.

So how the hell is this a sellout, particularly in a weak economy??

I'm sure you would like me to STFU -
You're wrong^^^ this deal affects everyone in the industry. All this does is get rid of a 150 50-seaters that are fuel priced out of the market anyway for raises far less than what DALPA pilots deserve.

As a SW pilot I'm, in the short term, far more affected by the largest legacy network pilots still making less than us than scope- but I talk as a former legacy guy. With the understanding that outsourcing undermines wages severely in the long run.

The problem was those 50 seaters have leases on them for another 10 years. Just like you had leases on the 717s through 2017. The only way the company could get rid of them and NOT pay the leases was to trade UP. Sounds crazy, and of course I would like to know who did that. Some say they could get rid of 50 seaters in PNCL's BK, but those are the newest 50 seaters out there (with the most cycles left), so they would be among the 125 allowed to stay. (150 will be parked)

Your company did what it could to rid themselves of a plane they didn't want (717s), and my company is trying to do the same. I don't really like the results, but it does lower the number of total RJs, and shifts a lot of the flying over to mainline (percentage wise). Less total RJs is good.

The UAL guys who complain about this need to fix their own deal first. The CAL guys who didn't think there would be anything over 50 seats were surprised when Smallstick just threw UA Express flight numbers over the CR7s and E170s and flew them through EWR and IAH.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta= sellouts.

If this passes is there any other word for it? All the promises that the new crowd there gets it. If this passes, it's unmitigated proof that DALPA doesn't. And I'll take every opportunity to point that out. Every.

You are a total tool! Your company/union SOLD out this industry for YEARS. Get back to lifting weights and sodomizing your boyfriend which you so highly brag about when you're not on here putting down the rest of the industry. You bring nothing constructive except tough guy talk from a guy who paid to work at an airline who undercut this industry for YEARS!

Wave, help me out here because I expect more from you than the Tankerclown/Outerlimits type SWA folks on here.
It's on here elsewhere that a DAL 737 Captain get's $249 an hour (hourly rate plus dc match) a SWA Captain get's $236 when combining hourly and 401k match. I 'm quoting PCL by the way. Clearly they are reducing the RJ flying with this contract and some of the biggest gains benefit the reserve (read junior) pilots. They also wisely made this a short contract so they will be able to get back to the table and build on the gains they made.

So how the hell is this a sellout, particularly in a weak economy??

Dan,

The senior guys would get a 13% pay bump for the remaining few years of their career (19.5% by 2015), and the junior guys get 717s. If 88 717s are taken (and 17 DC9s are dumped eventually), that means 71 planes will get new Captains (widebody FOs or narrowbody FOs will upgrade, helping out QOL, and allowing junior guys to move up to widebodies if they want, more of a pay raise), and that isn't counting the MD90s and 737-900s coming (some of those will replace outgoing 757s and 767-300 domestic planes). There will be movement, newhires, and higher pay for all, all in a 3 year contract. New openers would be exchanged again in 2.5 years, when analysts are saying Delta could be making billions per year in profits.

Scope is a two edged sword. Yes, more 76 seaters would be allowed, but overall RJ numbers would decrease by 150. Tougher codeshare and Joint Venture language is included. Work rules are improved. Yet, some want a 30% raise now, and they want to fly the 76 seaters, a part of the industry that we do not participate in now, and that is struggling because the Legacies are paying less for current regional contracts.

We are still awaiting ALPA to give a presentation on what the TA means and how it could affect us. High emotions on this board, which is understandable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dan,

The senior guys would get a 13% pay bump for the remaining few years of their career (19.5% by 2015), and the junior guys get 717s. If 88 717s are taken (and 17 DC9s are dumped eventually), that means 71 planes will get new Captains (widebody FOs or narrowbody FOs will upgrade, helping out QOL, and allowing junior guys to move up to widebodies if they want, more of a pay raise), and that isn't counting the MD90s and 737-900s coming (some of those will replace outgoing 757s and 767-300 domestic planes). There will be movement, newhires, and higher pay for all, all in a 3 year contract. New openers would be exchanged again in 2.5 years, when analysts are saying Delta could be making billions per year in profits.

Scope is a two edged sword. Yes, more 76 seaters would be allowed, but overall RJ numbers would decrease by 150. Tougher codeshare and Joint Venture language is included. Work rules are improved. Yet, some want a 30% raise now, and they want to fly the 76 seaters, a part of the industry that we do not participate in now, and that is struggling because the Legacies are paying less for current regional contracts.

We are still awaiting ALPA to give a presentation on what the TA means and how it could affect us. High emotions on this board, which is understandable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Spot on General, spot on. Well said.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Dan,

Bye Bye---General Lee

There are enough MD-90's in the inbound pipeline to more than replace the remaining DC-9 seats when they depart, so the 717's will be growth airplanes, unless there are more airplanes leaving that we haven't heard about.

Latest resources

Back