• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really need to relax. Red really got to you and it shows. Relax and don't let him get to you. It is a ********************ty deal and you have to admit you are giving in. ALPA did it again for you.

I wouldn't say we're giving in. I would say that we had A LOT OF MAJOR PROBLEMS with our current contract thanks to BK, and it is really hard to rid ourselves of everything in one contract change. You can try to do that, and then wait 5 years like AA did. Or, you can try to improve different sections and then get a short contract so you can improve more in the shortest amount of time. I don't really like the pay rates part, but other parts of the TA are fairly good. I am still waiting to hear more from the union and get their take, but overall the TA did improve many sections of the current contract.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Now that Delta has several domestic hubs, you'd be surprised by how much more point to point our system is. That's an old argument. We make a lot of money on both our domestic and international system.

RJs are required to connect passengers to hubs to fly an international flight? Some smaller markets deserve RJ service, but DELTA is flying NINE RJS a day between Cinci and LaGuardia. NINE!!!! And that's just one route. WE DON'T NEED THIS MANY RJS. WE CAN FEED OUR NETWORK WITH MAINLINE JETS.

With 150 fewer RJs in the new TA and at least 88 717s coming, I would think CVG to LGA has a good chance of switching back to mainline.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Go ahead, you and delta fly cheap. Just don't outsource so that you make others fly cheap for you.

Hey Man: couldn't agree more! We'll do it just like you were all too happy to do it! DAL ALPA might just go ahead and make this a 10 year contract? Then it would be exactly like you guys.

Outsource? Yeah, bad stuff. But even if DAL signs this small step in the right direction, it's going to allow UAL ALPA to try and improve on it, and we have a hand of cards at the table that can make that happen.

This effects DAL pilots, and then UAL pilots next most. It would be nice if you SW guys could just STFU for a little while.

I wouldn't say we're giving in. I would say that we had A LOT OF MAJOR PROBLEMS with our current contract thanks to BK, and it is really hard to rid ourselves of everything in one contract change. You can try to do that, and then wait 5 years like AA did. Or, you can try to improve different sections and then get a short contract so you can improve more in the shortest amount of time. I don't really like the pay rates part, but other parts of the TA are fairly good. I am still waiting to hear more from the union and get their take, but overall the TA did improve many sections of the current contract.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree with you. However, Delta needs to get their own union. ALPA cannot represent you and at the same time represent the regionals that fly your passengers. It is like having the same attorney when getting a divorce.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think you are missing 102 51-70 seat aircraft. As I read it, the end state is 125 50 seaters, 102 51-70, and 223 76 seaters. That's 450 total DCI.

This is correct. By 2015, with the additional 717's or 319's.

Oh. Plus the DCI/Mainline block hr restrictions.

Still a decrease of approx 150 50 seaters over 2.5-3 yrs

Last edited:
This effects DAL pilots, and then UAL pilots next most. It would be nice if you SW guys could just STFU for a little while.

I'm sure you would like me to STFU -
You're wrong^^^ this deal affects everyone in the industry. All this does is get rid of a 150 50-seaters that are fuel priced out of the market anyway for raises far less than what DALPA pilots deserve.

As a SW pilot I'm, in the short term, far more affected by the largest legacy network pilots still making less than us than scope- but I talk as a former legacy guy. With the understanding that outsourcing undermines wages severely in the long run.

Flop,

My point is simple when you stip all the emotion away, I really hope the Delta guys get a better deal than this.

-Decrease the scope
-Better pay without sacrificing PS, etc.

I would like to see the same with UCAL. It's honestly good for everyone.

How is it a decrease in scope? Ths TA will gut every one of DAL's regional partners, some will go out of business. You can argue that is a good thing (not for those that will lose their jobs and careers for the junior fo's that will be forced out of the industry) but this TA crushes regionals with the scope. Less RJ's, but more seats (more revenue, better bottom line for DAL) is hardly caving on scope. Where are you guys getting this notion. The DCI regionals will fly half of what they did, or less.

How is it a decrease in scope? Ths TA will gut every one of DAL's regional partners, some will go out of business. You can argue that is a good thing (not for those that will lose their jobs and careers for the junior fo's that will be forced out of the industry) but this TA crushes regionals with the scope. Less RJ's, but more seats (more revenue, better bottom line for DAL) is hardly caving on scope. Where are you guys getting this notion. The DCI regionals will fly half of what they did, or less.

Because they have tunnel vision and all they see is OMG 70 more 76 seaters!!!! Kinda like when you got the PBS TA it was like OMG PBS!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Because they have tunnel vision and all they see is OMG 70 more 76 seaters!!!! Kinda like when you got the PBS TA it was like OMG PBS!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

you ever get tired of yourself, well, we do

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back