• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey delta guys, with the purchase of the 717's or lease i should say, doesnt management now have you backed in a corner? Under your current agreement, as mainline aircraft are added, can they not add 3 76 seat aircraft per every one mainline aircraft? Under your TA there can only be 233 crj 900's In other words, if the TA fails, will they be able to add more than 200 more 900's as opposed to the 70 that will be allowed in the new contract?

No, it's a hard cap at 255. Management knows this, and this is the ONLY way to get more 76 seaters.

Big scope fail on this one.

The funny thing is that Delta management is playing a new SJS on the mainline group. And it will most likely work..

It's a really crafty argument they're making. And they are building in loopholes. I just can't understand how we haven't learned from our mistakes in the past.

All this while we're making money as never before. I know we don't have all the leverage, but we have enough to stop the erosion of mainline jobs to DCI. Because once those jobs are gone, we all know they don't come back.

That is the ONLY hope I have that the TA will not pass. Funding our raise partially by lowering our profit sharing is a bold move. Guys seem to be more nonchalant about scope than pay. This TA is a home run for management if it passes.

If this is your mindset- you really won't fit in at SWA- the whole model is about quality, well paid people in all positions will perform and more than earn that wage.
I completely disagree with this theory- except that it would put delta at a small disadvantage- but CAL allowed no >50 seaters, they did well- SWA allows none- DELTA has the most profitable network-
If change is ever going to happen IT WILL START WITH DELTA PILOTS TODAY.

I couldn't disagree with overall argument above more bc it has virtually no end.

Now I'm sure you'll call this a "dodge," but you better look in the mirror and talk about the whole "model is about quality." The way you treated your new AT brothers, is a far cry from quality. Taking away captain seats, and all.
Now I agree this isn't exactly what I was expecting in a TA, it most definitely tightens up scope, both high end and low end. So you can take your sellout, stick it where tankerclown spends most of his time.:blush:

Yeah, I'm with you there. As far as I'm concerned. slot controlled airports shouldn't even allow RJ service. Flying RJs from LGA to major cities is ridiculous.
This is one area I completely agree with you on.

Wow!

Holy Cow I can't believe the Delta guys are even considering this TA!

Should be a VERY EASY no vote based on scope alone.

Hope this serves as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back with the decert effort.

Absolutely disgraceful that ALPA sent this to the pilots. It will be even more disgraceful the the pilots of DAL ratify the agreement. If DAL pilots approve this TA you will have lowered the profession to an all new low.

Yeah, I'm with you there. As far as I'm concerned. slot controlled airports shouldn't even allow RJ service. Flying RJs from LGA to major cities is ridiculous.

That would be a pretty good line to draw in the sand. Smaller markets are fine for RJ feed, but using between slot controlled airports really should be banned.

Last edited:
Big scope fail on this one.

The funny thing is that Delta management is playing a new SJS on the mainline group. And it will most likely work..

Funny Red....

Talk about SJS over in HerbTurd land...You clowns were all celebrating getting the 737 "heavy" just a few months ago and make an International trip look like (cue Shatner)..."The Final Frontier".

Most of the posts on this thread are from SWA Pracks like yourself who have no dog in the fight. Go back to screwing your AirTran brothers or beating your wife or boyfriend and let the adults talk ok?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back