• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA on SCOPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you obsess so much about this? You don't work for DAL and your company has no RJs. What the hell do you care? Do you have anything else to do in life? Get a hobby or something.....

You really think what delta does affects no one else?
Every pilot ought to care

Again PCL- treat me like a 3rd grader

How does this TA improve scope?

Again PCL- treat me like a 3rd grader

How does this TA improve scope?

It's what ALPA does. If their argument doesn't hold water they revert to intimidation tactics.

It only works because pilots don't learn from the past. His attempt to burn you sounds so familiar. I remember when it was said they aren't CRJ 200s they are CRJ 200s with 40 seats.

We will all be one more Delta bankruptcy away from were we are now, or far worse.

This time around they better not ask for a Jets for Jobs deal because if we aren't good enough to be on the bottom of their seniority list they aren't good enough to be on the bottom of ours.

And mgmt plays the pilot ego better than any symphony

Pilot groups facilitated the outsourcing. ALPA is just a collection of resources.

ALPA takes dues money with both hands but never saw any responsibility they were willing to take with a ten foot pole, yet sycophants are willing to blame individual pilot groups and sing ALPA's praise despite the never ending downward spiral ALPA created with their brilliant pattern bargaining strategy.

Resources... Like overpriced ShamWow rags! :lol:

....Clearly, the line in the sand has been drawn at 76 seats..

Clearly the operative phrase in that sentence is "in the sand". :lol: I mean let's be real, you are talking about ALPA (forgive me, as you would say "individual pilot groups").

Last edited:
I don't see why it's so unreasonable. negotiate a rate for 76 seaters that is an average, or even well below average, of what the current DCI rate is for those aircraft. What ever it takes to get the aircraft on your property and give you the ability to negotiate better rates on the next contract.

I know pilots all think that the world revolves around them, but reality is quite different. Your pay rate is a tiny portion of the overall pie. What makes the regionals so cheap isn't just pilot pay rates, it's also benefits plans, corporate overhead, rampers, flight attendants, mechanics, customer service, etc. It is impossible for you to do the flying at mainline for as cheap as the regionals do it. Therefore, the only way to reign scope back in is to do it gradually at every legacy carrier until there is no outsourcing, leaving management without the problem of having to compete with other airlines that are able to outsource. If just one airline were to stop the outsourcing while the others did not, then they would be at a horrible competitive disadvantage.

Yeah- the gradual part would be the -900's. start there.

Why wait for a bigger airplane? 76 seaters have only been outsourced at delta for 5 years. And GL and the delta crowd here claim that the 2007 arrival of -900's were remnants of the bankruptcy deal. IMSO, If you sign this TA while profitable, you validate a deal that was signed under the duress of Bankruptcy and make it harder for AA and Unical to hold their lines.

It's much more significant than tightening up restrictions on deltas 50's.

Delta is extremely influential- what they do gives permission. Please don't ignore your leadership responsibilities.

Wave, read this point paper written by a Delta pilot: http://dalforums.alpa.org/Portals/3/activeforums_Attach/TA_Point_Paper.pdf

It gives a great summary of the scope improvements, as well as the other TA improvements. And it's written by a rank and file pilot, so you can't call it ALPA propaganda. :)

I wil do that-

But memorial day is calling a day early-

I will be taking a much needed break from just about everything but scotch!

Good weekend all-

DALPA members, I don't mean to be inciteful and inflammatory- just please THINK long term about the ramifications of validating outsourced -900's.
The industry has had to work against DALPA for far too long. You can live up to your history, only if you don't live up to your recent history.

Latest resources

Back