• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He had to spin something. XJET essentially gets nothing it bids on lately. We just lost 14 outstations to lower bidders. Places like DGS which is essentially a work-release program when they bother to show up.

Seventy 900s is hardly good news. If we want them, we'll have to take 30% pay cuts to compete with the BlowJets guys. They are the low bar that UAL and DAL now want everyone now to hit. Frankly, I'm not surprised I have to ask for their ID's when they ask for a ride. Good luck to all!

For what it's worth (not much), Expressjet's CEO Brad Holt put out a memo today addressing the issue. He said that all the details are not yet known, but overall he sees this as good for the industry and a potential good opportunity for the company. Apparently he's not the least bit worried, for whatever reason (or he's lying about his thoughts on the deal).

I think you read too much optimism in his statement. The way I read it as him saying there might be an opportunity, but he didn't at all mention the implications for the 200s.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I think you read too much optimism in his statement. The way I read it as him saying there might be an opportunity, but he didn't at all mention the implications for the 200s.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

also, what do you expect him to say?..... does an Lt. look around at his platoon when they are surrounded and tell them that they are a F'd.

I'd rather have honesty. Tell people they will downgrade or possibly lose their job so they can get an early start on a new path. All this guessing is B.S. Leadership means to give direction. The Lt. may not say we're eff'd, but he can say we're not going to make it if we stay on this path....this is where we need to go, and then lead the way.
Now, I know it's early and nobody has a clue, but we all know XJT DAL is probably the most expensive has has little to no chance of securing anything to replace the massive 50's about to be lost. I get the optimism, but I'd rather the dudes in the crows nest of the Titanic tell me we are about to hit the iceburg and the boat is going to sink. Then we could all head for the life rafts before it's too late!

The only potential upside to expressjets position is skywest inc's ability to self finance alot of the potential 900 leases or purchases. Delta will be forking out a ton of capital on 717s and 737s in the near term, I doubt they want to front any more money to an RJ operator. Skywest/ expressjet also get a higher payout per block hour when they hold the tail risk, according to Brad Rich on the last earnings call..

The only potential upside to expressjets position is skywest inc's ability to self finance alot of the potential 900 leases or purchases. Delta will be forking out a ton of capital on 717s and 737s in the near term, I doubt they want to front any more money to an RJ operator. Skywest/ expressjet also get a higher payout per block hour when they hold the tail risk, according to Brad Rich on the last earnings call..

Bingo!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't Pinnacle losing the 900's they currently have? Now they are getting more? This industry confuses me!

DAL now controls PNCL (actually all of us in a way) so I wouldn't be shocked if they get all or a majority of these planes

Wasn't Pinnacle losing the 900's they currently have? Now they are getting more? This industry confuses me!

Those were own by Pinnacle, they are going back to whoever finance it, along with the Q400. It possible Delta can pick them up and give it to whoever. But since Delta doesn't own it like the 200's they can't just take them from us and give it to someone else.

I
For what it's worth (not much), Expressjet's CEO Brad Holt put out a memo today addressing the issue. He said that all the details are not yet known, but overall he sees this as good for the industry and a potential good opportunity for the company. Apparently he's not the least bit worried, for whatever reason (or he's lying about his thoughts on the deal).

Thread drift: BH is not the ExpressJet CEO. He is the president of ExpressJet. In fact, ExpressJet doesn't have a CEO. Skywest Inc has a CEO.

I'd rather have honesty. Tell people they will downgrade or possibly lose their job so they can get an early start on a new path. All this guessing is B.S. Leadership means to give direction. The Lt. may not say we're eff'd, but he can say we're not going to make it if we stay on this path....this is where we need to go, and then lead the way.
Now, I know it's early and nobody has a clue, but we all know XJT DAL is probably the most expensive has has little to no chance of securing anything to replace the massive 50's about to be lost. I get the optimism, but I'd rather the dudes in the crows nest of the Titanic tell me we are about to hit the iceburg and the boat is going to sink. Then we could all head for the life rafts before it's too late!

You are the second lowest, according to the 15 year ASA signed as part of the Skywest purchase of ASA from Delta.

Latest resources

Back