Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

amcnd

Looks like regardless if it passes or not i think Delta wants out of 150+ 50 seaters... Not good..if it does pass, A few lucky lowball bids will get 76 seat growth... Good luck to all..

Looks like regardless if it passes or not i think Delta wants out of 150+ 50 seaters... Not good..if it does pass, A few lucky lowball bids will get 76 seat growth... Good luck to all..

What 76 seat bids? No additional 76 seat RJs UNLESS Delta purchases small narrowbody aircraft flown by Delta pilots(Read E190/CSeries)

I would think the only control delta has over 50 seaters is at pinnacle and comair. Most everything else would be locked down by long term contracts. Tough to imagine delta did not negotiate a swap 1-1 900 for 200.... I was thinking that's what Skywest was going to use the billion dollar loan for.

I would think the only control delta has over 50 seaters is at pinnacle and comair. Most everything else would be locked down by long term contracts. Tough to imagine delta did not negotiate a swap 1-1 900 for 200.... I was thinking that's what Skywest was going to use the billion dollar loan for.

That is EXACTLY why Comair or Pinnacle will get any new growth of 900's. Delta owns those aircraft and if Bomardiar gives them some kind of trade deal they get rid of a bunch of 50 seaters. Then when the sky west contracts run out Delta does not renew the contract and Skywest is left holding the bag on a bunch of 50 seaters nobody wants

Two things. The above post is pretty much dead on. Skywest will be forced to go on their own if they are to survive much past 2015.

Second. If you are below 50% at most DCI carriers, you will probably be on the street. If you are 25-50% you will most likely be an FO.

The guys on the ASA side better hope for a good SLI # to maybe have a job on the United side.

But Skywest can afford to finance any new 900 airframes. The other co
Companies cannot. Delta I imagine is going to be purchasing c series airbus or e190s for mainline...

That is EXACTLY why Comair or Pinnacle will get any new growth of 900's. Delta owns those aircraft and if Bomardiar gives them some kind of trade deal they get rid of a bunch of 50 seaters. Then when the sky west contracts run out Delta does not renew the contract and Skywest is left holding the bag on a bunch of 50 seaters nobody wants

Skywest Inc has minimal "tail risk", contracts expire when leases expire for majority of its aircraft

Can't say the same for pilot jobs though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Two things. The above post is pretty much dead on. Skywest will be forced to go on their own if they are to survive much past 2015.

Second. If you are below 50% at most DCI carriers, you will probably be on the street. If you are 25-50% you will most likely be an FO.

The guys on the ASA side better hope for a good SLI # to maybe have a job on the United side.

I disagree. If there is any growth of the 900/E175 flying in DCI it has to be because Delta added a significant amount of small narrowbody flying, which means significant movement up to mainline.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'd bet the 717's will be a much better deal than a C-series and more mainline jobs means less people on the street but the sky is falling somewhere at all times.

I'd bet the 717's will be a much better deal than a C-series and more mainline jobs means less people on the street but the sky is falling somewhere at all times.

The C-Series is very expensive, and the recent MD90s Delta acquired were about $8 million each, including the engines. The 717s would be at a huge discount too. I also heard Airbus offered Delta a bunch of A319s from an Indian carrier in BK, at even lower rates than the 717s. But, this all could be a carrot. It has to be on the ramp before I would believe a lot of that stuff. Yet, it is fun to speculate. As far as hiring would go, if these planes ever do materialize, then I would think Delta would hire a lot. I thought Delta was also getting 20 something MD90s this year too. I would also like to see a widebody order someday, and not just narrowbodies. It all sounds great, until you look again at the payrates and the 1/3 cut in profit sharing. Why is that again? Ugggh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back