• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The C-Series is very expensive, and the recent MD90s Delta acquired were about $8 million each, including the engines. The 717s would be at a huge discount too. I also heard Airbus offered Delta a bunch of A319s from an Indian carrier in BK, at even lower rates than the 717s. But, this all could be a carrot. It has to be on the ramp before I would believe a lot of that stuff. Yet, it is fun to speculate. As far as hiring would go, if these planes ever do materialize, then I would think Delta would hire a lot. I thought Delta was also getting 20 something MD90s this year too. I would also like to see a widebody order someday, and not just narrowbodies. It all sounds great, until you look again at the payrates and the 1/3 cut in profit sharing. Why is that again? Ugggh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Payrates will be on par with UPS/Fedex/SWA, better DC, plenty of growth, retirements, AND back to the table in 3 years in probably a much better economy. 3 years isn't a long time. Hell General, we've been waiting 5 years for the geezers to retire

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Payrates will be on par with UPS/Fedex/SWA, better DC, plenty of growth, retirements, AND back to the table in 3 years in probably a much better economy. 3 years isn't a long time. Hell General, we've been waiting 5 years for the geezers to retire

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Let's see, a pay restoration of 4% DOS, 12% Jan 2013". Then 3% and 3%...profit sharing cut from about 5% Gross to 2%... cost of living well over 5%. I see a net increase of pay restoration of about 2%.

I vote NO.

We should also not give up any more flying to DCI carriers. I the company wants the bigger rj then they need to be mainline.

Vote NO

We should also not give up any more flying to DCI carriers. I the company wants the bigger rj then they need to be mainline.

Vote NO

Overall the contract is a net reduction of DCI, more mainline flying, pay raises and only a 3 year contract which means that in 3 years you will negotiate again. IF you say no, you will be negotiating for the next 3 years in mediation anyways. I hope people dont get too caught up in the 76 seat thing. It is important i am not denying that but the amount of mainline flying you will get in exchange will outweigh it.

The Delta TA involves a net reduction of approx 200RJs. It states that this is possible by being able to back out if current leases in exchange for new aircraft. I'm certain this is 50 seat CRJs vs ERJs. So the replacement aircraft will be CRJs 900s, not E175s. Now, the next question is who has about 200 50 seater leases. Well, pinnacle has, what, about 140(?) and Comair will have about 16, so the remainder have to come from Skywest/expressjet. We have already seen that skywest is willing to renegotiate 50 seat lift at a 2 for 1 deal for 900's (already was done to get the 900's at "ASA")...and since in chap 11, pinnacle can just blow off leases (essentially)...looks to me that the loss of 50 seat lift will be from Pinnacle, Skywest and ExpressJet...with a net reduction in pilot staffing at these companies.

Overall the contract is a net reduction of DCI, more mainline flying, pay raises and only a 3 year contract which means that in 3 years you will negotiate again. IF you say no, you will be negotiating for the next 3 years in mediation anyways. I hope people dont get too caught up in the 76 seat thing. It is important i am not denying that but the amount of mainline flying you will get in exchange will outweigh it.

We've never heard that one before! :rolleyes: This profession is screwed...

The Delta TA involves a net reduction of approx 200RJs. It states that this is possible by being able to back out if current leases in exchange for new aircraft. I'm certain this is 50 seat CRJs vs ERJs. So the replacement aircraft will be CRJs 900s, not E175s. Now, the next question is who has about 200 50 seater leases. Well, pinnacle has, what, about 140(?) and Comair will have about 16, so the remainder have to come from Skywest/expressjet. We have already seen that skywest is willing to renegotiate 50 seat lift at a 2 for 1 deal for 900's (already was done to get the 900's at "ASA")...and since in chap 11, pinnacle can just blow off leases (essentially)...looks to me that the loss of 50 seat lift will be from Pinnacle, Skywest and ExpressJet...with a net reduction in pilot staffing at these companies.

The CR2's were going away before the TA. It sounds like there is a big SPIN being put on the idea that you were able to use negotiation capital and leverage to simply memorialize something that was going to happen any way! Smoke and Mirrors, mi Main Line Brothers!

Latest resources

Back