• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJET will sign a good JCBA, and 10 months later announce the bankruptcy. That's the only way forward, ladies and gentlemen. We'll shed some 50's, gut every vendor contract, stop paying for hotels, and wind up in the Knights Inn with GoJet crews. We'll even have flight attendants sleeping in the hallways again because they're cleaner than the rooms.

I'm pretty sure that's the route Inc. Is going to go with this. They'll keep their brand out of it. The bean counters already have a plan for this I can assure you. We're not profitable anyhow so it won't take much voodoo.

BH has been saying this in virtually every update. Cost, cost, costs....he never actually refers to how to achieve the level of cost reductions he's looking for.

if you're in the bottom half of the list, it's time to look elsewhere. If you're under 40, time to get a new career unless you want to wait another five years to start all over again.

Cheers--

Last edited:
Well, we were SUPPOSED to be the second lowest. We missed that target. The result being we are being compensated as the second lowest regardless of our actual cost position.

Yes, thats exactly what I meant. To delta, you are the second lowest, and thats all that matters to them. They don't care that your cost are higher than your revenue. You are the second lowest cost for them. This is the deal JA made with delta back in 05. Theyve known about it since day one. This is why they bought XJT and were supposedly benevolent enough to merge it with ASA. It wasn't because XJT was going bk. If that was really the case, they would have just waited and bought them in a bk bargain with abrogated labor contracts.

By the way, in the last earnings call, BR said XJT was cash flow positive.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm saying this but the General could be my very good friend now...
sarcasm of course...

If the TA goes thru, then Dear General, could you walk my resume in? (wink..wink).

F YEAH!

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is what I found after a real quick glance. I didn't find the list of expiration dates for the aircraft leases.

F. Partial Termination. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, effective at any time after the seventh (7th) anniversary of the Effective Date, Delta shall have the right to remove from the scope of this Agreement each Aircraft effective upon the date that the lease, mortgage or other financing arrangement with respect to such Aircraft in effect as of the Effective Date expires by providing ASA with at least twelve (12) months’ prior written notice.

XJET will sign a good JCBA, and 10 months later announce the bankruptcy. That's the only way forward, ladies and gentlemen. We'll shed some 50's, gut every vendor contract, stop paying for hotels, and wind up in the Knights Inn with GoJet crews. We'll even have flight attendants sleeping in the hallways again because they're cleaner than the rooms.

I'm pretty sure that's the route Inc. Is going to go with this. They'll keep their brand out of it. The bean counters already have a plan for this I can assure you. We're not profitable anyhow so it won't take much voodoo.

BH has been saying this in virtually every update. Cost, cost, costs....he never actually refers to how to achieve the level of cost reductions he's looking for.

if you're in the bottom half of the list, it's time to look elsewhere. If you're under 40, time to get a new career unless you want to wait another five years to start all over again.

Cheers--

No this is not INC's plan. INC's plan is to survive, then thrive.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

No this is not INC's plan. INC's plan is to survive, then thrive.

YOU are so clueless, listen to these other arguments and open your mind, YOU better have a plan cause I see furloughs and more cost cutting measures at XJT

YOU are so clueless, listen to these other arguments and open your mind, YOU better have a plan cause I see furloughs and more cost cutting measures at XJT

Ha, you think INC's plan is bankruptcy and you call me clueless? Sorry I don't open my mind to irrational thought. We can agree to disagree on what will happen. I'll bookmark this thread, and a year from now or less if I'm wrong, I'll happily eat my words and buy you a steak dinner

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back