• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think delta will be financing any of those 76 seaters. I have heard it is a swap with the leaser for crj900(76seater).

All the leases on Comair's remaining 50 seaters run out in the next 2-3 yrs so they are going away during this 2012-2015 time frame regardless of passage of this TA.
Aren't the CHQ leases up in 2015 or is it 2017?

PNCL leases were scheduled to start expiring in 2017-2023
I see these planes going away because if the 50 seat aircraft is not economical now, there is no way it will be in 2020. The question for pinnacle is will they be replaced with something else? With only 70 total 900's up for bid if the delta TA passes, Pinnacle could be looking at a best case scenarion of a fleet of 100-125 aircraft with 2800 current pilots.

Wasn't Pinnacle losing the 900's they currently have? Now they are getting more? This industry confuses me!

I believe the individual "Airline Services Agreements" that each regional has with Delta will play the primary role in who loses their 50's. After all, each regional is under a legal contract to provide lift, and these contracts can't be unilaterally voided just because the Delta pilots want it that way. These agreement durations may or may not be concurrent with aircraft lease durations that are held between either Delta or the regional and the aircraft lessor. So it's not so important when the leases expire; it's when the "ASAs" expire.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge the exact terms of these ASAs are generally not made public, so this all is a bit speculative. One thing for certain, though, is that Pinnacle being in bankruptcy will play a large role here. An airline in bankruptcy is no longer necessarily bound to any legal agreements, so it stands to reason that if not enough ASAs expire by 2014, then the only place left to go is Pinnacle. My guess is that both Comair and Pinnacle lose ALL of their 50's.

For what it's worth (not much), Expressjet's CEO Brad Holt put out a memo today addressing the issue. He said that all the details are not yet known, but overall he sees this as good for the industry and a potential good opportunity for the company. Apparently he's not the least bit worried, for whatever reason (or he's lying about his thoughts on the deal).

Latest resources

Back