• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA impact on Delta Connection...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here's the play. delta holds the leases for pinnacle's 200's. they'll swap them out for 900's then send these newly acquired 900's to skywest/asa in trade for their 200's. multiple birds killed with one move.

pinnacle pilots get completely screwed.

Why would Skywest gets it? why wouldn't it go to Pinnacle or Go Jets, since they will be cheaper than SW.

Why would Skywest gets it? why wouldn't it go to Pinnacle or Go Jets, since they will be cheaper than SW.

Pinnacle and GoJet can get a multi billion dollar loan? Even if they can wonder what the interest rate will be....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i would park more airplanes until staffing was no longer an issue. A bonus would be that such a move would give me even more control over the supply and thus enable me to raise fares. I've said this before and i'll say it again: Richard anderson isn't paid to operate 600 airplanes, he's paid to run a profitable airline. If it's profitable at 150 airplanes, he's done his job.

No, you're wrong! Richard Anderson does his job by sitting at CE Woolman's desk everyday!

I'm at nearly six years already with no hope of upgrade in sight.

Ike, this is true. But think of taking a pay cut, which would be like an insurance policy to your career. Maybe you could upgrade by 2030.

because it is a way to reduce 50 seat feed to the numbers in their ta. by getting the 900's in trade for the current pinnacle 50 seaters through bombardier they reduce pinnacles 50 seaters. then, delta, who is leasing the planes takes those 900's to skywest or asa and trades them 2 50 seaters for one 76 seater with a long term contract as the incentive for skywest. this now takes even more 50 seaters out of the system.

Getting rid of the 50 seaters is the name of the game and if Delta gets that done before their competitors it puts them at an advantage.

Wow 35% of new hires will come from DCI ALPA carriers, so it would seem that if you are not ALPA you'll be in the 65% range (much better odds)! So how does this benefit an DCI ALPA group??? Thanks ALPA for helping us out, why do I pay dues again?

I bet if you run the numbers about 35% of the people who apply at DAL would be DCI ALPA pilots anyway.

Gone With the Wind

Getting rid of the 50 seaters is the name of the game and if Delta gets that done before their competitors it puts them at an advantage.

Not really. RJs are not a toxic asset per se; if DL had none they would be scrambling to acquire some to get a competitive advantage for untapped markets. Can Harrisburg, PA be served as well (that is, revenue reaped from) with two flights a day, one to DTW and one to ATL? Customers there would go to CLE, EWR, CLT, DCA, BWI, ORD and IAD instead.

I think that it would be interesting to see what Unicon does.

Last edited:
Obviously the numbers aren't working with the 50 seat rj's, and keep in mind revenue is not profit necessarily, so that would lead to an advantage in not having them.
I wish it was for you guys, but yes it will be interesting to see what happens and how it plays out.

My prediction is that 70 200's will come from pinnacle. Way back in 2007 in our agreement with nwa there is a prevision that says that 70 aircraft may be removed if there is a change of control of the company. So If delta purchases us to turn us into the next comair, they can remove 70 200's over a 3 year period. What a coincidence, delta wants the 200's down to 125 within 3 years! There is also a stipulation in that original asa that says they can extend our contract for 5 years with no rate resets, what a coincidence, they just did that! It also says they can exchange 200's for 900s on a one for one basis, so since pinnacle has 140 200's and 70 of them will probably be parked if delta purchases us, that leaves 70 left. How many more 900's does delta want? 70! SO, pinnacle may be an airline of aprox. 100-125 900's in 3 years.

Latest resources

Back