Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jayme,

an honest question. did you know SkyWest was not an ALPA carrier when you interviewed and accepted the job? do you believe EVERY airline MUST have a union, or ALPA specifically?

Sure did. I liked the fact that a union wasn't necessary. But relations went downhill fast after the "deal Capt. Holt an ace" BS. I was here then. Were you?

Were you aware that ALPA was voted down by less than 50 votes in 2000? Were you aware that UPA failed narrowly in 2005 despite a shoestring budget against the deep pockets of Skywest Inc?

Not every airline needs a union. Had SW continued to act ethically, this wouldn't be an issue.

UPA failed by a large margin, if I recall they only got about 25% of the required votes. The last ALPA vote was barely defeated, like maybe 6 votes. Now ALPA can't even get close, from what I hear they have only got around 30% percent of the pilot group to send in cards, not enough for the 50% needed and no where close to the 75% that ALPA wants.

The ALPA OC has been very hush hush about the dismal performance so far, maybe ALPA isn't the way to go?

thanks jayme

Last edited:
I sure wasn't. I thought it was more like 2:1 against. Am I dealing with a false memory... or perhaps are you?

I guess I remember it being relatively close because of the David and Goliath thingy. I'm sure you remember the numbers closer than I do.

Latest resources

Back