• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think PCL brings up plenty of good points. Sure, he may have made the mistake of paying for some training, but Southwest guys do that today. Do you slam them too? It got him to where he is today, and he passed all of the checkrides along the way. You sound like a spoiled brat who is jealous.

Actually SWA will hire without a type. I personally know of several people who were hired without. Yes, they were required to get it before they could begin training but at that point it becomes different. I do believe it is a poor practice but obviously you are getting a multi-million dollar career in return. At Gulfstream, TAB Exp. (now defunct), etc. you are only getting 250 hrs. and then maybe they will pay you the slave wages to work for them. You are comparing apples to oranges. I did not intend to sound like a spoiled brat, only someone who can't take a hypocrite who claims to be a pilot advocate seriously while they bash others even when they them-self paid to be a 121 pilot. Keep in mind this is the first time I have mentioned this in over 2 years of seeing his posts. Also, keep in mind that I agree with him on nearly every single one of his points. It is just a shame that he made a mistake and tarnished a good reputation by his actions. I am not saying he is a scab, but many scabs feel like they made a mistake to, should we ignore what they did?

Sure, he may have made the mistake of paying for some training, but Southwest guys do that today. Do you slam them too?

Contract pilots pay for their types. Do they PFT? No. SWA isn't a PFT operator. The check those pilots write to get their type doesn't go into the SWA coffers. In addition, once on property SWA pays their new hire pilots and puts them thru their own indoc/systems/sim etc. SWA and Gulfstream are two, totally different things.

Last edited:
any of you guys know how long the contracts are in place for skywaste at Delta and UA?

All that needs to be known is that the Skywest pilot group does nothing good for the industry. Except put viable pilot groups out of work.. ACA, Air Wiskey, ASA, and Comair.

any of you guys know how long the contracts are in place for skywaste at Delta and UA?

You mean SkyWest, right?

I could tell you for SkyWest but I dont know the other company.

All that needs to be known is that the Skywest pilot group does nothing good for the industry. Except put viable pilot groups out of work.. ACA, Air Wiskey, ASA, and Comair.

OK Everybody! You never have to look at this site again! You now know all that needs to be known! Thank you airtime!

Wow. You guys should probably file a lawsuit naming the entire SkyWest pilot group as the root cause of all your problems. I think the Lawyer who handled the McDonald's hot coffee case is available.

Don't like your job? SkyWest pilots' fault. Have a bad case of acne? SkyWest did it. Your kid doesn't look like you. A SkyWest pilot definitely did it!

You don't have to agree with us for not having ALPA on property (yet). You don't have to like our (for the most part) young, attractive FA's. You don't have to like the fact that there was a belief that management would take care of us if we agreed to fly larger a/c at a single rate. I won't try and convince anyone to like me or my pilot group, but man, how about a little reality?

The big bear that killed our dream job is the American Consumer. Ask a steel plant worker, an auto worker or a television factory worker. We all want it cheaper, don't we? How many people who bash MESA, SkyWest or Republic drive a Japanese car? Does a UAW member then have a right to call you a scab? Think about it.

Look, I know a lot of this will fall on deaf ears and that's ok. I just know that I enjoy my job, good beer and hope to god the Eagles can somehow make it to the Super Bowl. If ANY pilot from ANY pilot group is ever in SaltLake, you're welcome to grab a beer from the fridge. If you don't like that, you can just kiss my big, white @ss.

Fly Safe.

-JP

Wow. You guys should probably file a lawsuit naming the entire SkyWest pilot group as the root cause of all your problems. I think the Lawyer who handled the McDonald's hot coffee case is available.

Don't like your job? SkyWest pilots' fault. Have a bad case of acne? SkyWest did it. Your kid doesn't look like you. A SkyWest pilot definitely did it!

Wait, I'm confused. Judging by the posts on this message board, I thought Duane Woerth was responsible for all the things wrong with the world. Poverty? That's Duane's fault. AIDS in Africa? Yep, that's Duane too. The Cold War? That was Duane's fault also. How can both Skywest and Duane both be the cause of all the world's problems. ;)

Wait, I'm confused. Judging by the posts on this message board, I thought Duane Woerth was responsible for all the things wrong with the world. Poverty? That's Duane's fault. AIDS in Africa? Yep, that's Duane too. The Cold War? That was Duane's fault also. How can both Skywest and Duane both be the cause of all the world's problems. ;)

There is no way Duane can be responsible for hot FA's at SkyWest or, your kid looking like a SkyWest pilot! ;)

Latest resources

Back