• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, you are against a Free enterprise? We should move back to regulation? I thought we lived in the U.S.A. Its a nasty world out there, but thats how it works. It's the same in every business. The strongest survive. Those who can do it for less, are the ones who get rich....What a strange concept.

Oh man I hope the day comes when your airline experiences some of this! Then I'd bet you'd be singing, make that crying, a different tune!

Voted To Strike The ASA Division of Skywest Inc!

ASA will never have to worry about taking any Comair planes. This is just a tool mgmt uses to scare the pilots into pay cuts. I will be very suprised if any of the 70's come to ASA. Unlike the tool shed skywest guys that think taking jets and jobs is the way to further their carreer. To bad their career will end with $hitty skywest.

It is alittle different in an industry where companies are not honering the contracts they sign, using BK as a weapon against labor...

so direct your anger at Delta, since they are the ones doing all this.

I bypassed upgrade a long time ago, and I'm close to 40 years old, a career changer. I knew the deal when I came in.

...did you?

ASA has lost a total of 28 airplanes to SkyWest since the purchase, for whoever is counting. We have Captains and FO's who have not been brought back up since they were displaced.

None of the CMR 70 seaters is on the property and in fact, none of the leases have been transferred. I smell management "threats" to scare pilots while CMR is on track for a $50,000,0000 profit.

While we know that ASA's airplanes are being flown by SkyWest, I will not believe ASA is operating CMR's jets until it is on our ramp, broke.

As for how ASA pilots feel about management whipsaw - we have passed resolutions to stop concessionary bargaining for jets and phantom pay rates for jets on our property. Not only do we not like it, but we seem to be about the only pilot group actually trying to do something about it.

Fins, Fins, Fins. You've been around long enough to know that the "Majority", not all, of the Skywest Airline pilots would take any flying they could get. Just look at how they treated their own Brasilia, Oops - BRO, pilots when it came to pay in the last month. Their vision, one for all and all screw the one.

You know what this means.

it means I'd like to preserve my current QOL rather than go to the bottom of the CA list.

thanks for guessing! better luck next time.

ASA has lost a total of 28 airplanes to SkyWest since the purchase.

But BL says we're 'gaining' what,16 700s! Let's see, SKYW took 4 of ours, leaving us the other 8 they're not gonna take from us, and supposedly (for now) we're gaining 8 from CMR. Brian says that makes 16! Fuzzy G/O math indeed! Uh Brian, that would be a gain of 4 700s.And we all know we'll never see CMR's 700s, and we shouldn't. It's DAL way of scaring the CMR pilots.

Strike ASA!

Spokeswoman Gina Laughlin said that even if Comair and its pilots union cut a deal immediately to slash pay, that would not alter how Delta awarded the jets.

Every pilot in America needs to read this bold section over and over again and commit it to memory. What happens in your contract doesn't mean jack-$hit for how mainline managements award flying. They use RFPs to whipsaw you against one another, but they already know exactly what they'll do with the flying. This management spokeswoman is basically telling you straight out that concessions and pay-freezes for growth are useless. Don't forget it.

Latest resources

Back