• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As much as I don't care for the cmr group, I think that sucks!
I wonder how the skyw pilots feel about this?

Maybe you should ask how the ASA pilots feel...they are getting 8 of the 12 planes!

thank you, I will.

again I'll ask, when DAL (or anyone) goes to decide who to award or transition flying to, what should be the determining factors? how should it work?

Honoring the contracts that were thrown out so there would even be a RFP would have been nice...

Tact, get some.

He who came before you should keep his job. His job should not be subject to the lowest bid. Why dont you just put pilot jobs on Ebay.

So, you are against a Free enterprise? We should move back to regulation? I thought we lived in the U.S.A. Its a nasty world out there, but thats how it works. It's the same in every business. The strongest survive. Those who can do it for less, are the ones who get rich....What a strange concept.

As much as I don't care for the cmr group, I think that sucks!
I wonder how the skyw pilots feel about this?

As much as Skynation likes to flame, back up for a second...its ASA that is taking the first and biggest bite out of Comair's a$$.

As much as Skynation likes to flame, back up for a second...its ASA that is taking the first and biggest bite out of Comair's a$$.

I am glad that I am not flying the 70 seater! I know that I am NOT happy about it either!

So, you are against a Free enterprise? We should move back to regulation? I thought we lived in the U.S.A. Its a nasty world out there, but thats how it works. It's the same in every business. The strongest survive. Those who can do it for less, are the ones who get rich....What a strange concept.

It is alittle different in an industry where companies are not honering the contracts they sign, using BK as a weapon against labor, and the fact that this is the only industry that I know of that you cant take your level of pay from one company to the next. So this game of musical RJ's is ruining career progression and the ability to pay our bills as pilots. If I was an add exec. and my firm lost contracts to another lower bidding company, I could go and get a job with another add agency and negotiate equivilant or better pay for my expierience. We cannot do that, we start at the bottom.

I find it funny that those who have suffered at the hand of other pilots understand, but those that haven't say that it is just the way this bidness is. If FAGnation put in 23 months with skywest and then got fuloughed just before his golden upgrade because someother company underbid his flying job, he would have a different look at this situation.

But as long as you get YOUR upgrade who cares if others lose there ability to pay there bills and support there families. A$$.

I am glad that I am not flying the 70 seater! I know that I am NOT happy about it either!

But if you were in the 70 and one showed up on your schedule, you'd fly it. That's how MOST Skywest pilots feel about it. We're not happy about either!

ASA has lost a total of 28 airplanes to SkyWest since the purchase, for whoever is counting. We have Captains and FO's who have not been brought back up since they were displaced.

None of the CMR 70 seaters is on the property and in fact, none of the leases have been transferred. I smell management "threats" to scare pilots while CMR is on track for a $50,000,0000 profit.

While we know that ASA's airplanes are being flown by SkyWest, I will not believe ASA is operating CMR's jets until it is on our ramp, broke.

As for how ASA pilots feel about management whipsaw - we have passed resolutions to stop concessionary bargaining for jets and phantom pay rates for jets on our property. Not only do we not like it, but we seem to be about the only pilot group actually trying to do something about it.

Last edited:
ASA has lost a total of 28 airplanes to SkyWest since the purchase, for whoever is counting. We have Captains and FO's who have not been brought back up since they were displaced.

None of the CMR 70 seaters is on the property and in fact, none of the leases have been transferred. I smell management "threats" to scare pilots while CMR is on track for a $50,000,0000 profit.

While we know that ASA's airplanes are being flown by SkyWest, I will not believe ASA is operating CMR's jets until it is on our ramp, broke.

As for how ASA pilots feel about management whipsaw - we have passed resolutions to stop concessionary bargaining for jets and phantom pay rates for jets on our property. Not only do we not like it, but we seem to be about the only pilot group actually trying to do something about it.

To follow your line of thinking, when your "resolutions" get approved into an actual contract, then I'll believe it.

Latest resources

Back