• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, they are two different things. Just because CMR won the right to impose their own contract doesn't mean that CMR asked the court to prevent the pilots from striking. If I'm correct, there was talk about it but CMR did not follow through with it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-comair2906dec29,0,7037927.story?track=rss

The relevant line from that article: "Gallagher reported on negotiations in a hearing on the commuter airline's request for an injunction to stop the pilots from walking out."

What the hell is a "modo"?

Well, Modo is the name of a hockey team in Sweden. Not sure what it has to do with Delta though. Unless Delta is trying to become the official airline of the Swedish Elite League. Now that would be a crappy marketing scheme.

Skywest's underbidding of the industry on 70-rates is hurting Comair pilots worse than the bankruptcy.

Thanks.
Jimmy Carter's signature, the ability to fly cross country cheaper than you can drive and force majeure is what has hurt/is hurting Comair.

Be safe.

-JP

...Delta pays MORE because their are MORE seats....
Serious question, un-biased no flame...

Does anyone know what these figures are? Is it public information? Please respond with a valid source, if you reply.

Thanks.

-JP

The Judge can rule however he want's. Sick calls will follow and the court can't stop us. Delta's new modo will be "Good Goes Down!!!!"

I thought you were getting out...
Funny, you hope DL gets what it deserves....Thanks, because it looks like our casm's will be some of the lowest in the industry while keeping us slightly higher paid than our peers at other legacy carriers.
Seems like cmr is the ones getting theirs! Better look in the mirror there sport!

joe pilot said:
Jimmy Carter's signature, the ability to fly cross country cheaper than you can drive and force majeure is what has hurt/is hurting Comair.

Joe:
I couldn't agree more!

You mean like coex, comair, airwis? There are pilots making more money than us at companies that are not doing as well. That is a direct result of unions. As long as we continue to put our earnings potential in the hands of management, we will always be underpaid.

I was with Teamsters at my last airline. It sucked. But I'm not so simple-minded to blame the union for all of the airlines problems.

SAPA has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are incapable of getting us fair compensation for the 70 and 90 seat jets. It's time to negotiate with leverage. ALPA has the resources to help us smoothly transition into a united workforce.

Don't forget Horizon...$20+ a flight hour more at my seniority, higher per diem than us for domestic flying and even more than that for international, and a higher match on their 401K! Yet their company makes much less than Skywest!!!!

You mean like coex, comair, airwis? There are pilots making more money than us at companies that are not doing as well. That is a direct result of unions. As long as we continue to put our earnings potential in the hands of management, we will always be underpaid.

I was with Teamsters at my last airline. It sucked. But I'm not so simple-minded to blame the union for all of the airlines problems.

SAPA has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are incapable of getting us fair compensation for the 70 and 90 seat jets. It's time to negotiate with leverage. ALPA has the resources to help us smoothly transition into a united workforce.
Comair-lost some flying and MUCH more will be lost
Coex-Lost some flying as well
Airwis-Lost flying too!
Now you will probably say that is not because of alpo....RIGHT! But their higher pay is. So alpa is only responsible for good things and bad things are just due to bad luck or something?

Have you ever delt with alpa when things get REAL BAD. Not bad like I want another $1 per hour, more like I may lose everyhting I have. DON"T TRUST alpa ON ANYTHING. GET A REAL LAWYER!

You mean like if I can't get a medical renewed because of a heart murmur? Or you mean if I run off the side of a runway?

Or do you mean when massive economic forces change the business environment? Because, yeah, I guess I gotta agree with ya there. ALPA is not in charge of the economy. So I guess you got me.

Latest resources

Back