• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP awarded....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, how did ALPA help comair 5 years ago?

How did ALPA help UAL in 2000?

How did ALPA help FedEx?

Comair is in bankruptcy. Do you see the difference? The paycuts are NOT due to ALPA. But unless you are a moron, you already knew all of this. Just trying to sell your bull sht, aren't you?

How is alpa helping comair now?

How did alpa help UAL in 2001!

Fed ex don't need no help..........

alpa looked good when the industry was good. But now the FACTS show that alpa can't help anyone! But unless you are a moron, you already knew this.

ASA has lost a total of 28 airplanes to SkyWest since the purchase, for whoever is counting. We have Captains and FO's who have not been brought back up since they were displaced.

None of the CMR 70 seaters is on the property and in fact, none of the leases have been transferred. I smell management "threats" to scare pilots while CMR is on track for a $50,000,0000 profit.

While we know that ASA's airplanes are being flown by SkyWest, I will not believe ASA is operating CMR's jets until it is on our ramp, broke.

As for how ASA pilots feel about management whipsaw - we have passed resolutions to stop concessionary bargaining for jets and phantom pay rates for jets on our property. Not only do we not like it, but we seem to be about the only pilot group actually trying to do something about it.

Oh excuse me while I puke! Over 1000 Delta pilots and many more flight attendants lost their jobs while they were handed to Comair. Comair took over $1 billion of new and larger RJs! They faught hard to take that flying, they could not give a $hit what that meant to us! We have pilots that are still out of a job 5 years later. Comair also filed a huge lawsuit to try to grab more of Delta mainline flying, and faught to keep the furloughed Delta pilots from coming over there. I do not have any sympathy for these group of people. When they are able to rape you, they will do it gladly and say it's not their fault! When they are losing jets, jobs and flying, they are a bunch of whinners! Enjoy unemployment! You all deserve it!

Hey Sweptback,
As a former poor FO for ASA, I had flown with Nelson D for a few trips on OE. I am just curious if the 700 that bears his initials in the regisration, is still at ASA. If that airplane leaves, that will speak volumes about managment. As for ASA, I flew with many great guys, and a few tools. Just like every other place you work. Good luck on the contract, 4+ years is beyond ridiculous.

It's still here.

How is alpa helping comair now?

How did alpa help UAL in 2001!

Fed ex don't need no help..........

alpa looked good when the industry was good. But now the FACTS show that alpa can't help anyone! But unless you are a moron, you already knew this.

My point is that ALPA can help a pilot group get their fair share when a company is raking in the profits, and when the company is in bankruptcy, there's not much anyone can do. SAPA can't even get us a raise to keep up with inflation when the company is making money hand over fist.

So back to your questions: How is ALPA helping Comair now? They are forcing the company to prove in court that they need to take paycuts. Until that time, they are being paid what they negotiated and agreed to.

How did ALPA help UAL in 2001? You mean after 9/11/2001? After the worst attacks this country has ever seen? After 2 of their airliners were hijacked and destroyed? After a huge downturn in travel? Are you suggesting SAPA should have been consulted by the UAL pilots and their pay would have been preserved? What's your point?

FedEx don't need help. How insightful. But can you concede that without ALPA, FedEx management wouldn't pay the pilots what they do? Can you concede that management would argue "supply and demand." With so few good jobs out there the past 5 years, FedEx could have paid far less and still been swamped with applications. Can you concede that ALPA might have had a hand in keeping their pay at or near the top of the industry?

Probably not, because you are blinded by your ideology. I just don't get it.

Oh excuse me while I puke! Over 1000 Delta pilots and many more flight attendants lost their jobs while they were handed to Comair. .... and faught to keep the furloughed Delta pilots from coming over there. I do not have any sympathy for these group of people. When they are able to rape you, they will do it gladly and say it's not their fault! When they are losing jets, jobs and flying, they are a bunch of whinners! Enjoy unemployment! You all deserve it!
Nice, real nice.

Apparently you forgot that the Delta MEC negotiated the scope language that resulted in "over 1000 Delta pilots..lost their jobs." The Comair pilots were locked out of those negotiations by ALPA, acting on the direction of the Delta MEC.

Why don't you get mad at the people RESPONSIBLE instead of those who happened to be the unwitting beneficiaries of ALPA's screwed up scope policies.

f&%$K THE REGIONALS... It should be everyones motivation to get the F off whatever property you are on and either hang yourself in your hotel room or get a better job..

Oh excuse me while I puke! Over 1000 Delta pilots and many more flight attendants lost their jobs while they were handed to Comair. Comair took over $1 billion of new and larger RJs!

Uh, excuse me, but exactly how many RJ's did Delta fly? Delta was offered the RJ's and declined because they didn't want to negotiate a payrate for them.

Skywest, on the other hand, has negotiated a pay rate on the very same aircraft Comair flies and will be flying aircraft directly transferred from Comair's fleet.

Apples and Oranges, acarpe.

Oh excuse me while I puke! Over 1000 Delta pilots and many more flight attendants lost their jobs while they were handed to Comair. Comair took over $1 billion of new and larger RJs! They faught hard to take that flying, they could not give a $hit what that meant to us! We have pilots that are still out of a job 5 years later. Comair also filed a huge lawsuit to try to grab more of Delta mainline flying, and faught to keep the furloughed Delta pilots from coming over there. I do not have any sympathy for these group of people. When they are able to rape you, they will do it gladly and say it's not their fault! When they are losing jets, jobs and flying, they are a bunch of whinners! Enjoy unemployment! You all deserve it!

Last I checked you guys were too good to fly Rjs and now you have created a mess that you blame on everyone else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back