• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots, does this apply to ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may be naive in this statement, but why the heck don't you guys put this aircraft on your own certificate? Delta planes, flown by Delta pilots?

Why is this aircraft only good enough for furloughed pilots from mainline?

Is it because it is labeled an "RJ"? If so, people need to get over using their aircraft as an extension of their dongs.

It is good enough for all mainline pilots.... poor foresight joined with bankruptcy allowed these large aircraft to be outsourced.

It's past time to reel these large aircraft back to the big leagues. We need to grab at these things as much as possible... these are only the first steps.

Hopefully we'll see Compass folded into mainline as well.

Last edited:
If you're expecting to slide right into the left seat at Skywest or ASA, you will be dissapointed. That may mean no more growth, but we have said no to jets for jobs before. United furloughees were welcomed as new hires at second year pay, I wouldn't expect any more than that.

If you're expecting to slide right into the left seat at Skywest or ASA, you will be dissapointed. That may mean no more growth, but we have said no to jets for jobs before. United furloughees were welcomed as new hires at second year pay, I wouldn't expect any more than that.

Ah, Nevermind. Too easy.

If you are expecting new airlplanes........ever.....you'll be disappointed. So get ready to say no. When your contract is up please reference Comair to see what the next couple years after that will look like.

i have said it from the beginning, everything in life is what you negotiate. As an ASA guy, I always said that the mainline guys should always negotiate for what is in their best interest. They would be foolish not to. If they can negotiate some sort of side letter, fine. That works. Just don't be suprised when it doesn't quite materialize that way.

And if it doesn't, I don't want to hear about me ruining your profession. If the times comes and I can negotiate those jobs to my airline for $10 an hour cheaper that you...I will happily do it because it is in my best interest.

Unless our MEC caves to EV and OH and asks DAL management to wipe away LOA 2006-10, it applies to ASA as you just got one of those 76 seaters. 9 more to go. Is it worth it to ya?

I know the two guys over there that are stirring the pot. Fact check what is being said.

This letter means nothing. So the DAL/MW get basically a "meet and greet" for hiring at a DCI carrier. If there's no hiring then there's no jobs for them. This letter doesn't mean they're going to be in the left seat and integrated in that DCI's senority list.

It was done with UAL pilots after 9/11. The UAL pilots started at 2nd year pay with the difference being payed by UAL. The started out just like any other pilot; in the right seat and at the bottom of the senority list. I'm all for it. I'd rather have experienced DAL/NW pilots as opposed to some 1000 hr wonder.

The pilots that should be the most worried are the Category 1 and 2 DCIs. Most of the DCIs are Category 3s.

Nothing in this program will guarantee that any laid off Company pilot will be hired ahead of other candidates who are not laid off Company pilots.

With this line in paragraph "b3" in regard to Category 3 DCIs, this Letter of Agreement means nothing.

Latest resources

Back