• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta pilots, does this apply to ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After. It is to prevent DAL from growing DCI with pilots furloughed.

The agreement says:

4. “New Position” means a (Captain or First Officer) position on a Qualifying Aircraft that is created at a Category 1 or Category 2 Participating Feeder Carrier as a result of a Participating Feeder Carrier’s taking delivery of, or announcing firm delivery of, Qualifying Aircraft after the effective date of the ALPA Restructuring Agreement.

I have done work with the grievance committee and am familiar with contract language. This language doesn't seem to agree with what you said. The language indicates that it applies to any deliveries after the ALPA restructuring agreement. That would imply that it applies to the 900s we are currently taking delivery of.

Last edited:
Does it only apply to jets delivered after the furlough, or do the 900s now being delivered also apply?

I think it applies to any one trick pony carrier that owes its existence to the flying given to them by Delta. You are welcome and prepare to scoot over to the right seat if I get furloughed.

Last edited:
This letter of agreement applies to all DCI carriers. This agreement does go against some regional pilots' contracts. If they do not abide by it, it will go against the Delta pilots' contract. Something will give if Delta furloughs. I am guessing that Delta will force your regional company and pilots to accept it or lose airplanes to another regional that does accept it. Until Delta furloughs, it is a moot point though.

Does anyone else think this thread is sad/funny?

OK Delta pilots, this document is making it's way around. The ASA MEC says it doesn't apply to us here at ASA. Others seem to think it does. Can anyone clarify whether it applies to ASA or not. How can it since we didn't sign on to it?

Good gravy. Listen to your MEC and not the knuckle heads out there.

Since when has a no furlough clause actually held managements feet to the fire and prevented a furlough?

Latest resources

Back