Delta MD80 Slides off Taxiway in IND

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"he made it possible"

So it was the good Senator from Idaho, was it?

Please, someone copy this over to the military threads where someone will call this BS. @ 1700hrs, you haven't lived long enough to teach much less evaluate the bluejuice recycled from a KC10 back from Iraq.

A long(er) distinguished commission with a flight status' would require 2x what you got given the tempo AMC has been on since 9/11.

Buzz off! Poser.

100-1/2

I did some very important work back in DC and that he made it possible for me to achieve rank and it has also pretty much assured me the airline job of choice after I retire.

Whoever wanted to know if I made AC...yes, I did. In fact, I have been an IP in both tankers and even an evaluator. When you learn how to play the game, you tend to see the rewards. I'm not sure why you guys get so spun up on my flight time. Let's be frank. Flying is a simple job. It's blue collar. Sure there can be some intense moments when the wx is bad or there's a mechanical....but 99% of the time it's a piece of cake. So I would put my 1750+ hours as a military pilot with my contacts and resume up against any guy coming out of some regional jet.
Except and I mean EXCEPT, as an evaluator-if you really were one-you could go hide under your desk if the WX went under 500/1.5. you are nothing but a yssup.

Everytime I see you've posted I see my tax dollars going down the drain. This much time on your hands during business hours means you're completely expendable to any unit you belong to. Nice career you've had.

Time is not the only thing this jerkoff has on his hands!:laugh:

Whoever wanted to know if I made AC...yes, I did. In fact, I have been an IP in both tankers and even an evaluator. When you learn how to play the game, you tend to see the rewards. I'm not sure why you guys get so spun up on my flight time. Let's be frank. Flying is a simple job. It's blue collar. Sure there can be some intense moments when the wx is bad or there's a mechanical....but 99% of the time it's a piece of cake. So I would put my 1750+ hours as a military pilot with my contacts and resume up against any guy coming out of some regional jet.

And have you ever landed on a runway that had GOOD braking action reports and hit a patch of ice? I have, several times. If you had a little more experience flying instead of sniffing a congressman's underwear maybe you would have too.

I say good job to the DAL crew for keeping the pax calm and getting everyone off with no injuries.

Remember that IND just opened its new terminal last most. It could have been an unfamiliar taxiway too. Add to that a little ice, and how well the MD likes to make sharp turns and there you have it!

I guess Tanker Clown was not at the top of his AF class. All of the captains I have flown with that were in the AF said the tanker guys were the bottom of the AF caste system. No respect. I guess he needs attention of FI because he had none in the military.

ACLPILOT,

If this was the case, they should have used the 5 P's.

Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Take a look at the taxi diagram.

Remember that IND just opened its new terminal last most. It could have been an unfamiliar taxiway too. Add to that a little ice, and how well the MD likes to make sharp turns and there you have it!
True, and witnesses were talking about "black ice."

So I would put my 1750+ hours as a military pilot with my contacts and resume up against any guy coming out of some regional jet.

LOL. Shows how little you know about this industy. I would chose the RJ guy over you anytime. Especially on a dark and stormy night. You take a Horizon or Skywest guy with the same 1700 hrs and they will fly circles around you in hard IMC. they do it all the time at night in the MTs carring a ton of ice, landing at mins, with poor braking action. How many times have you done that?

Latest resources

Back