Delta Love Field Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/

The problem is that the lead attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice in the lawsuit made clear that the DOJ wants the gates at seven airports and takeoff and landing slots to go to airlines other than Delta and other ?legacy? carriers.

Miss Delta is starting to get GREEDY, they were all hot to trot to swap those DCA gates for LGA with US AIRWAYS, now they want those DCA gates back.

Greedy? Most of the slots were RJ slots to small cities. Will JB, Spirit, or WN fly nonstop to Chattanooga from DCA? We'll see..... The additional 717s are freeing up a lot of extra 70/76 seaters to try something new (see Compass adding LAX flights).

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Jenny, isn't it supposed to be 'deregulation'? Majors should be just as entitled as the LCCs.

Hey Jenny, isn't it supposed to be 'deregulation'? Majors should be just as entitled as the LCCs.

Freebrd,

I agree with you, but the Govt doesn't. Even though SWA is now the largest domestic carrier and not always the "lowest" fare, they are still thought of as a LCC. Now JB, Spirit, and VA probably qualify, and they probably will get most of the slots or gates. I think DL may still get the Dallas Love gates, since they are currently leasing them from AA now. You just never know, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Freebrd,

I agree with you, but the Govt doesn't. Even though SWA is now the largest domestic carrier and not always the "lowest" fare, they are still thought of as a LCC. Now JB, Spirit, and VA probably qualify, and they probably will get most of the slots or gates. I think DL may still get the Dallas Love gates, since they are currently leasing them from AA now. You just never know, though.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Better get to work on getting better info from all your inside sources

The AA merger divestments are intended to increase competition. If SWA gets the AA gates at DAL (that are currently being used by Delta) then competition is decreased. Seems like even our government could figure that out.

The AA merger divestments are intended to increase competition. If SWA gets the AA gates at DAL (that are currently being used by Delta) then competition is decreased. Seems like even our government could figure that out.

The word "competition" is code for "Southwest" to our government. We better be ready to watch these gates go to SWA.

The word "competition" is code for "Southwest" to our government. We better be ready to watch these gates go to SWA.

Flop,

You need to get some help because I can feel your anger. Take your snarky comments. Strike Southwest down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

No one likes an angry fool and I would hate for you to be thrown into a reactor core. So please get some help.

Flop,

You need to get some help because I can feel your anger. Take your snarky comments. Strike Southwest down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete.

No one likes an angry fool and I would hate for you to be thrown into a reactor core. So please get some help.

Flop,

Flop,

Blueside--

Just because you said it three times doesn't mean Flop's going to listen. Trust me, I've told him the same thing numerous times to no avail. It goes in one ear and out the other, all the while the same uninformed, hatred-based nonsense comes out of his mouth.

Bubba

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back