• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Love Field Expansion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How the F do you SWA types manage to correctly understand a suicide is a terrible thing, but have no hesitation characterizing 9-11 as great for your company!? It's unbelievable. Bunch of sick bastards...

How the F do you SWA types manage to correctly understand a suicide is a terrible thing, but have no hesitation characterizing 9-11 as great for your company!? It's unbelievable. Bunch of sick bastards...

Flop,

I haven't seen one person on here saying it was good for Southwest. The only point being made was that is took down many legacy carriers. Probably because they weren't financially strong at that time. Furloughs and bankruptcies were the norm.

Southwest was different in that regard. Financially strong and still hiring during the Fall of 2001. That's the only point. Can you possibly agree with the FACTS?

Originally Posted by redflyer65
That must be hard to think about over all the years you've been at DL. You know, after 9/11...and then the 2005 bankruptcy. Painful.

Are you off your meds again, Flop?

Nobody, that I have ever seen, has ever, ever even remotely suggested that. Acknowledging a historical event, and then referring to its effects, is in no way "cheering" for that event. And your quote of Redflyer is your lame justification of your inane argument? Seriously? What is wrong with you?

You know, when you said you were going to "work harder" to "defeat Southwest," I just assumed that you meant you were going to give 110% to the new United to make it the best airline out there, so that they could have a competitive edge over Southwest. I didn't realize that you meant you were going to go on a random FI smear campaign. You might try for a little more subtlety though, if you're taking that route.

Bubba

Flop,

I haven't seen one person on here saying it was good for Southwest. The only point being made was that is took down many legacy carriers. Probably because they weren't financially strong at that time. Furloughs and bankruptcies were the norm.

Southwest was different in that regard. Financially strong and still hiring during the Fall of 2001. That's the only point. Can you possibly agree with the FACTS?

Holy sh!t... You actually believe that stuff don't you?

Bubba: I think I made a mistake with you. I gave you too much credit. I figured somewhere there's got to be a SWA guy that has the spine/character to set a few other SWA pilots straight. I was wrong, that ain't you. This isn't random and I'm not quoting him out of context. You tell me: you think Herb, Jim, or Colleen would be comfortable with Red's 9-11 speak? Be honest, I might have it wrong on all you SWA people.

Reds basically saying 9-11 revealed strengths about his own airline. It's maybe ok to think that, but he's writing it. But he (and other SWA pilots) go even further to the point where they actually believe if SWA were involved hiring and profits would have never even stopped. I don't understand a mind that works like that. You can have a business sense about things, but when you start to truly believe you're better just because you happen to be better off, you're sick in the head.

Last edited:
Holy sh!t... You actually believe that stuff don't you?

Flop,

Let me just clear this up.

I don't think Southwest pilots are better than any other group.

It has been proven (through facts) that Southwest was stronger financially on that day. Just a better balance sheet. Would SW have been able to whether losing a plane in the attack any better (financially) than either American or United? I think so. and I never said SW would have stopped hiring if they had an airplane involved. Somehow you just jumped to that conclusion.

Both Delta and NW (neither with a plane involved on 9/11) went into bankruptcy in '05. So there's your example of two larger carriers that weren't involved but furloughed like crazy and went into bankruptcy. SW didn't. But the industry as a whole took a huge financial hit...whether they were directly involved or not.

Last edited:
Sick? Where the ******************** do you get this idea? I read Reds words three times, you have to read between lines that are not their to get to your inference. Flop, you are officially nominated FI short bus rider.

Last edited:
Bubba: I think I made a mistake with you. I gave you too much credit. I figured somewhere there's got to be a SWA guy that has the spine/character to set a few other SWA pilots straight. I was wrong, that ain't you. This isn't random and I'm not quoting him out of context. You tell me: you think Herb, Jim, or Colleen would be comfortable with Red's 9-11 speak? Be honest, I might have it wrong on all you SWA people.

Reds basically saying 9-11 revealed strengths about his own airline. It's maybe ok to think that, but he's writing it. But he (and other SWA pilots) go even further to the point where they actually believe if SWA were involved hiring and profits would have never even stopped. I don't understand a mind that works like that. You can have a business sense about things, but when you start to truly believe you're better just because you happen to be better off, you're sick in the head.

Dude, you're coming off the rails now.... Just stop it now, if it's still possible for you to get hold of your senses.

You accused Redflyer of "characterizing 9/11 as great for [Southwest]." Nowhere, in any stretch of any sane person's imagination, can you possibly get that from what he said. Nobody, anywhere in this country thinks 9/11 was "great" for anybody. Anywhere. Period. It was a horrible crime against innocents, the depth of which hadn't been seen on the earth in many years.

That event was a horrible watershed for all Americans, hurt the entire economy, and especially devastated the airline industry in particular. All airlines, including Southwest, were seriously harmed. However, some airlines more than others. That was Red's sole point-- that Southwest's strong financials allowed it to better weather the resulting airline industry downturn than other airlines did. That's not an insult, or a slight to anyone. Good God Flop, that's not even a debatable point, especially considering some other airlines ended up in bankruptcy court, or with furloughs, or both as a direct result. Nobody ever even implied that the events of 9/11 were "good" for anyone.

I'm still half thinking this is some kind of anti-SWA joke you're pushing too far, but if you really believe this, then please, in all seriousness, get some kind of help for the personal rage you seem to have building inside you. It'll mess you up eventually.

But on the bright side, you sure took the heat off of General Lee, for his most recent moronic, untrue, and insensitive excuse for a post in this thread.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back