Delta lawsuit vs Alaska ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree!
When we would train the Lemon Creek in the old 200 sims (that had visuals like an Atari game from 1983), the instructors would turn the daylight way down, put the cloud deck at 1,000 ft and vis at 3 miles then crank up the turbulence. We couldn't see squat, so it might as well been an IMC maneuver.
It was an entirely different thing sitting at the end of the runway, wind howling, looking at the clouds laying in the Lemon Creek valley, trying to make up your mind if it was good enough to go. Those were good times where we did the best we could with what we had.

Everyone keeps talking about this Quito RNP approach. I just watched the video and I'm wondering what I'm missing. There isn't a mountain in sight, no wind, no rain, no snow, no compacted snow & ice, no dark of night, no 6,000 feet of runway surrounded by water, and no 70 degree turn to final at 400 feet. I think the last visual I did into LAS was harder! Comparing this Quito approach to our RNP's into ADK, ADQ, CDV, JNU, SIT, KTN, PSG and WRG is just like so totally silly!
Now if the big D pilots can rip out a JNU Rwy 8 Lemon Creek departure from memory - then I will grovel at the feet of the men wearing submarine commander uniforms!

Uhhhhhh, Quito changed airports AFTER DL used the RNP stuff at the previous airport. The new one opened a year or two ago. Look at numerous videos online if needed. The previous one took you over a heavily populated downtown area with Volcanos all around. That was the one used when the Iberia A346 overran and took out the ILS.

Look, you guys are really cocky. Try flying long distance to places that can't really speak English. Oh wait, you don't and won't have planes for that. But, you've got your approach to JNU! Fannnnntastic! And will Horizon be using your RNP approaches in Alaska as they take over most of your routes there? I hope so. When does that start in earnest?

Bye Bye---General Lee

uh huh, sure do, lots

Except the last contract may affect your own outsourcing. Vietnam is calling you back turdy.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Anybody can fly to any of these places were discussing .. But if you don't have the right approaches and training for them .. Your chance of Successes is going to be limited is all ...

Really? Only one? You obviously have no idea. Ever seen the YouTube video of the AA 757 landing in the bowl at Tegucigalpa? DL has a daily 737-700 into there from ATL. How about Bogota? How about Guatemala City? How about flying into Moscow with the language differences and meters conversions on Altitude (in China too). How about handling security concerns in Africa? How about all of the differences you can't even dream about? Big difference in operations, and I really have a feeling that solutions will be produced. And, time and money will be used to do it correctly.

Your last statements are silly. Everyone knows those flights are mainly for connections, right? Emirite?

Bye Bye---General Lee
As you pontificate about how great the major airlines are at getting in and out of those airports, one has to wonder how the non-majors manage to do it as well? Atlas, World, Kalitta, Skylease Cargo, Centurion to name a few. Handle security in Africa? how about Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or number of other countries with security issues. Oh yea most of these carriers have little support.
You should try flying into Kabul at 650,000 lbs on an ILS that has 3.25 degree GS, its high, hot and dangerous. Even with out the funding of the mighty BIG D, we manage to do it.
As a Delta Diamond I entrust myself and my family to the professionalism of the crew-members of Delta month in and month out. I call a fair number of the Delta family friends and colleagues, but you sir are off you lid! and I frankly can't believe you got through the physiological phase of the interview rocking or not rocking.

Anybody can fly to any of these places were discussing .. But if you don't have the right approaches and training for them .. Your chance of Successes is going to be limited is all ...

Do you really think DL hasn't trained their pilots for RNP apps? Really? Maybe DL will develop their own for JNU, or just do regular apps with higher mins. I don't know, but I bet they are working on it....

Bye Bye---General Lee

As you pontificate about how great the major airlines are at getting in and out of those airports, one has to wonder how the non-majors manage to do it as well? Atlas, World, Kalitta, Skylease Cargo, Centurion to name a few. Handle security in Africa? how about Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or number of other countries with security issues. Oh yea most of these carriers have little support.
You should try flying into Kabul at 650,000 lbs on an ILS that has 3.25 degree GS, its high, hot and dangerous. Even with out the funding of the mighty BIG D, we manage to do it.
As a Delta Diamond I entrust myself and my family to the professionalism of the crew-members of Delta month in and month out. I call a fair number of the Delta family friends and colleagues, but you sir are off you lid! and I frankly can't believe you got through the physiological phase of the interview rocking or not rocking.

Hmmm. Someone can't enjoy banter on an anonymous board? Can't enjoy raucous debate? I'm glad I don't fly with you, to Kabul or Dayton, OH. No thanks...... Try to relax a bit, and have fun out there! (even in Baghdad)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Genital, your retard level continues to grow

Latest resources

Back