• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and TPG looking into AMR Corp bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Play ball during a merger"....shouldn't AMR pilots be stapled!! That was the deal when TWA tanked!!

Didn't the TWA pilot group staple the Ozark pilots to the bottom, and then flush them out of their seats and equipment too? Hey, what's good for the goose.........

The folks I feel sorry for are the junior TWA guys that weren't around when Ozark was purchased. As for the senior TWA guys that benefited from the Ozark staple- you got what you deserved with American.

I just hope OY6 gives the AA guys the seniority they deserve. Remember OY6.. make sure you negotiate the JCBA first before you negotiate the seniority list thats the way its done. Its the only way to do it right. You need to be fair to the AA guys.....

Didn't the TWA pilot group staple the Ozark pilots to the bottom, and then flush them out of their seats and equipment too? Hey, what's good for the goose.........

The folks I feel sorry for are the junior TWA guys that weren't around when Ozark was purchased. As for the senior TWA guys that benefited from the Ozark staple- you got what you deserved with American.

Ozark got DOH.

I just hope OY6 gives the AA guys the seniority they deserve. Remember OY6.. make sure you negotiate the JCBA first before you negotiate the seniority list thats the way its done. Its the only way to do it right. You need to be fair to the AA guys.....

Awesome.

TPG invested in America West International, which U.S. Airways Group Inc. acquired in 2005. TPG managing partner Richard Schifter was on the board of America West and was on the U.S. Airways board from 2005 to 2006.
Well this quote should pretty much seal it's lack of credibility.

DL may be expressing interest to drive up the price for any other bidders.

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner!

Delta knows USAirways wants them, so why not kill two birds with one stone. Deplete LCC's balance sheet while seeing if they can't cherry pick for pennies on the dollar.

I'd love to see the DAL/AMR/NWA combo, as I belive it would lead to the eventual big three, and the hope that the profession can actually get back to where it was ten years ago.

Sitting on the sidelines with a bucket of popcorn...waiting for some resolution to this mess.

USair already divested themselves of most of their LGA ops, so they would just be re-acquiring LGA slots via AA. In that scenario, you probably wouldn't get much. Delta would not want any AA NYC assets probably, they already have it and probably couldn't get approval for more. Sorry. I don't think Delta would try for all of AA's operations. Some analysts are saying DL could be most interested in the DFW, MIA, and maybe LAX ops. All of this right now is just speculation, but it does appear there are a few interested parties.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

You give us Delta pilots a bad name.

Latest resources

Back