• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and SWA 717's a done deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the AirTran pilots have a choice then Kelly would be true to Thais word .

I think I would take Delta over SWA if it is true that that Delta pilots believe in seat protection and relieve seniority .

You would take the gimp and ball gag if you had a choice.

scoreboardII said:
Put it this way, if the motors were good, wouldn't they be on more jets?

RR BR700 series engines are also used on the Gulfstream V/550, G650 and the Global Express/XRS.

...of course, the 715 produces a fair bit more thrust than the 710/725...

Engines ARE motors, brain cell...

Don't take it personal. A lot of people do not know the difference.

* A motor converts electricity or other forms of kinetic energy into a mechanical motion *
* An engine is a mechanical device that uses a fuel source to create an output

Why would the 717 be the "lowest pay a/c on the list"? How many seats do the Delta DC-9's have?

You probably already know this, but the AirTran 717's have 117 seats, including Business Class. In an all-coach configuration (like SWA would do), that number becomes 125. Also, a 717 cockpit is nothing like a DC-9, not even close. If a former NWA DC9 pilot were to step into a 717 cockpit, he would be lost amongst all the digital screens. Same goes for an ATN 717 pilot who might step into a DC9 and its round dial steam guages.

I would imagine that the DL pay rate would fall somewhere between the DC-9 and MD90.

Delta DC-9 -50 have 125 seats..

Is there ever going to be a story that confirms any of this? It gets old reading posts from people that a little birdie told me. Blah Blah Blah

The top quote from you own profile shows what you know about culture at SWA. The second just confirms the first.

Yes, Southwest was an interview factory with only a given number of slots for new hires depending on the day. They would purposely bring in far more candidates than they had room for. That's fine. I had a JetBlue interview, on the day Southwest asked to interview. I elected to postpone my Southwest interview and it probably cost me the job, at Southwest. No hard feelings, things worked out, and I have no plans to reapply at Southwest.

Without getting paid, it doesn't matter how good the culture is. If you got paid like a JetBlue co-pilot you probably wouldn't be touting how great your culture is.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back