DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASH said:
CHQ will not give up a dime for growth, that is the overwhelming sentiment. We already have voted on the 190 issue, and did not give up a thing ( in fact gained some benefits ) nor would we give up anything..

I'm not talking about taking cuts for growth. I am just talking about getting thru this tough period in the airline industry without taking pay cuts. It will trickle down to you. You'll be lucky if you make it thru the next 2-3 years without your management seeking pay cuts.

Otto said:
So what's the source for this?

Source is the negotiators notepad sent to the Delta pilots today. I know you won't believe me till you see it yourself, but I have seen it. Its accurate.

PS this is all what was in the company proposal. Nothing has been agreed to yet.

Texx said:
Here are the numbers..

They want a "19.5%" reduction in the hourly rates.
They propose $88.93 for a 12 year Capt. on a 100 seat aircraft.

And it goes on and on....

wow, guess they can not talk shoot about jetblue anymore, and this is not a bash on Delta pilot's whatsoever, just shockingly low pay!

jehtplane said:
wow, guess they can not talk shoot about jetblue anymore, and this is not a bash on Delta pilot's whatsoever, just shockingly low pay!

yes it is low pay. I hope we can get it up. But, would it somehow be better to say no, then someone else gets the jets, and our junior 700 or so pilots get furloughed, have to apply to JetBlue, and fly the same jet for the same rate?

michael707767 said:
yes it is low pay. I hope we can get it up. But, would it somehow be better to say no, then someone else gets the jets, and our junior 700 or so pilots get furloughed, have to apply to JetBlue, and fly the same jet for the same rate?

I am not familiar with this works especially while in bankruptcy, and I hate to use Comair as an example because they are falling under hard times as well, but they also took concessions for growth, which did not happen, which kinda sounds like this proposal, or at least how you just worded it , what is to stop management from securing the payrates and then furloughing anyway. Comair, sorry guys and gals, took it in the rear and basically got nothing to show for it! We do not want your 100 seat aircraft by any means, but sounds an awful lot like concessions for growth to me.

jehtplane said:
I am not familiar with this works especially while in bankruptcy, and I hate to use Comair as an example because they are falling under hard times as well, but they also took concessions for growth, which did not happen, which kinda sounds like this proposal, or at least how you just worded it , what is to stop management from securing the payrates and then furloughing anyway. Comair, sorry guys and gals, took it in the rear and basically got nothing to show for it! We do not want your 100 seat aircraft by any means, but sounds an awful lot like concessions for growth to me.

No, I would say this would be concessions for self preservation. This is very different animal.

AA

jehtplane said:
We do not want your 100 seat aircraft by any means, but sounds an awful lot like concessions for growth to me.

one big difference. No growth is promised and we really don't have much choice do we? I mean, what do you think a judge would do?

Lets say we say no, its not enough money. Delta goes to the judge and says "hey, we offered them the -190, and for the SAME PAY as JetBlue. But they said no, so we need to outsource those jets."

Do you think judge would hesitate to say fine, then wipe out the scope, and boom those jets are goine?

michael707767 said:

with more future job security? You betcha.

Latest resources

Back