• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope DL doesn't furlough any more guys.

If they were planning on furloughing, would they say so here and now, or wait to drop that ax until later?

You "mainline" guys are kind of pi$$in me off. You have cried for years that the regionals have taken your flying, taken your routes etc. The regionals have "lowered the bar" to get more growth, bigger airplanes etc. You have bitched that "if only they would stand up and not take it anymore" "stop the race to the bottom" The regionals have only done this because it has (they think) benefitted them, with quick upgrades and the like. Now that you have to make the choice of take a stand or lose out, you fold like a house of cards. You could now be accused of "lowering the bar" to save yourselves, which I guess is okay because you work for a mainline carrier and must be saved at all costs. I call BS, practice what you preach. Don't "lower the bar", take a stand, take one for the team and some other choice sound bites I have heard over the years. Seesh..... It Sure Sucks When The Shoe Is On The Other Foot.

USA Jet DA-20 11 year Captain $102/hr

I had a Delta pilot friend joke with me in the ATL airport a few months ago about my Airtran "Mexican payrates". I blew it off and changed the subject and asked about his family. He brought it up again. He is a second generation Delta pilot. I wasn't proud of our pay at the time and am not today. I will say that our pay is ahead of Delta's proposed pay for similar sized aircraft by a long shot. What has this industry come to?? My friend is really just an aquantance from college and tonight I really don't feel for him one bit. His airline is now bringing down the industry. A sentance I never thought I'd write.

IAHERJ

I just saw the proposal and it stinks. I guess when your company is in court, they can ask for whatever they want. Not all will be agreed to, and there should be a little negotiating (a little). As far as the 100 seater, I expected there to be a rate close to Jetblue's, since it is now the benchmark. There wasn't anything about paying double over 70 hours though, and I don't think the company wanted it. I will press ALPA (as much as I can alone) to keep scope and to get the pay rates later. The pension will be gone, which is something the NW guys don't want to give up since they didn't have the 1/2 lump sum deal. There are other things that really bothered me reading the proposal, but Scope is my number one thing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

IAHERJ said:
and tonight I really don't feel for him one bit.

Actually...that statement alone speaks volumes about the state of the industry moreso then what mamagement proposed to the union....

A sad state indeed....

IAHERJ,

Remember, we aren't allowing it, the judge is. We brought the bar up to the highest it has ever been, and we should ALL strive to be paid well---very well. His comments might have been mean, but we all should know the difference between allowing the rates to happen, versus them being put on top of you. There really isn't much we can do about it.

And, you don't feel for your "friend" tonight? You're a great friend.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ALPA needs to make a stand, if they have B@lls.

By the way, if these payrates stick, the whole industry will see it and suffer via trickledown effect.

SOS------------>is the only way to stop the downward spiral and get the momentum on our sides.

cya

Tie the pay rates to manangment compensation. You will take them ONLY as long as every manager does not get a raise, bonus, ANYTHING. The second the management get a raise, bonus, anything over a predetermined limit the contract snaps back.

MAKE MANAGEMENT FEEL THE PAIN LIKE WE ALL HAVE

I can't believe that every post here is accepting this company proposal as a done deal. I, for one , am ready to do anything to stop the rape of what is left of our contract. I am looking foreward to the fight. Michael707 and General Lee sound like they are ready to cave in. Remember, GE and AMX are putting up 2B to finance this BK. I would rather strike or find some other way to burn through that 2B than accept any part of that crappy company proposal. You guys sound like you haven't read the entire document. If you have, go back and read it again. If even half of the proposal is forced on us, Delta will be the worst airline in the ccountry to work for. I say Fight to the end. Frick GG

Ignore my profile...Iam an active 800 capt

Latest resources

Back