• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the alternative? If DALPA says no to the 100 seat rates, what will happen then? Maybe Chitaqua or someone else will bid for it and get it. If you are senior enough at Delta, you don't have to worry about flying at those rates. If you are junior enough to worry, then you are faced with either flying a 100 seater RJ for around 80K a year if the rates are approved, or if they are not approved, then you face certain furlough and starting over somewhere else for much less. I don't want to see it happen, but if it does, I can't say that I blame the Delta pilots.

I think we will try to negotiate (try) a slightly better pay rate for those 100 seaters, and hopefully we will try to get those 79 seaters on mainline. Hopefully Dalpa sees this as a threat to mainline and it's future. The older guys might not care much, but as of 15 months ago they were fairly junior too (not on the large equipment before 2500 senior guys left). Let's see if they remember being junior and threatened? Maybe they won't care... I hope they do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I think we will try to negotiate (try) a slightly better pay rate for those 100 seaters, and hopefully we will try to get those 79 seaters on mainline. Hopefully Dalpa sees this as a threat to mainline and it's future. The older guys might not care much, but as of 15 months ago they were fairly junior too (not on the large equipment before 2500 senior guys left). Let's see if they remember being junior and threatened? Maybe they won't care... I hope they do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

They won't, and neither will you when you get there.

what do the guys that are losing there jobs think????

IB6 UB9 said:
They won't, and neither will you when you get there.

Then you really don't know me. You have had over 5000 posts to figure it out. I care about our furloughs (I know many), and I enjoy the whole industry. I like to rib you guys at B6 and I give krap to the Comair guys for snubbing our furloughs, but that is about it. Have a great one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dizel8 said:
After all, post continually proclaim the jetblue rate to be horrible, just horrible, and that a union would have done better.
Well, now is the time to show it!

Dizel8, I know you're having fun with this, but do you really think that a pilot group negotiating under CH11 vs. the RLA is in a position to raise the bar or have much leverage in negotiating pay rates?

bafanguy said:
Sure, ALPA can dig in their heels and "...make a stand if they have b@lls." But, this is bankruptcy ( it's been in a lot of newspapers ) and most, if not all, the influence ALPA historically had over their own destiny is now largely ceremonial.

They can "...take a stand...", only to have the judge perform a quick, painful orchiectomy. This is now about damage control and taking care of as many of THEIR OWN as possible and returning to fight the battle another day.. As GL said, DL recently had the bar as high as it's ever been. Maybe now it's YOUR turn to do that. Let us know how it's going for you.

Bashing Delta pilots for being bashed in BK just doesn't seem to be a very logical point of view.

Cool your jets! I wasnt cutting on Delta Pilots. I just think its sad how the industry is falling apart and all ALPA is trying to do is recruit new nieve members to generate enough dues to pay that WORTHLESS guy his 400k salary.

What is ALPA for?

-Job SECURITY? NOPE
-PENSIONS? NOPE
-High PAY? NOPE
-SAFETY? OK

BAFANGUY,

My Impression, You are probably a SENIOR CAPTAIN at Delta, all u care about is perserving your pension. Is that true?

Cya

IM NOT AGAINST YOU. WE ARE ALL GOING TO FEEL THE PAIN SOON, if we dont do anything about it.

AnimalTale said:
I just think its sad how the industry is falling apart and all ALPA is trying to do is recruit new nieve members to generate enough dues to pay that WORTHLESS guy his 400k salary.

EXACTLY. There's not a hint of urgency or crisis coming from ALPA during all of this. It seems as if it's business as usual at the top. Can we talk about how to kick WORTHLESS out and replace him with sombody with SOME VISION?!

AnimalTale said:
Cool your jets! I wasnt cutting on Delta Pilots. I just think its sad how the industry is falling apart and all ALPA is trying to do is recruit new nieve members to generate enough dues to pay that WORTHLESS guy his 400k salary.

What is ALPA for?

-Job SECURITY? NOPE
-PENSIONS? NOPE
-High PAY? NOPE
-SAFETY? OK

BAFANGUY,

My Impression, You are probably a SENIOR CAPTAIN at Delta, all u care about is perserving your pension. Is that true?

Cya

IM NOT AGAINST YOU. WE ARE ALL GOING TO FEEL THE PAIN SOON, if we dont do anything about it.

Bafanguy retired early at Delta, as an MD90 Captain. He took half of his pension in a lump sum, and the rest is in jeopardy. He knows as well as the rest of us that the rest of the pensions may be dumped soon. At least he got half. I fly with plenty of 49 year olds that didn't qualify for the lump sum (needed to be 50), and now most likely will lose their pensions too. They sure don't talk much enroute.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back