DAL Wants...

Texx

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Posts
970
Total Time
20mil
Here are the numbers..

They want a "19.5%" reduction in the hourly rates.
They propose $88.93 for a 12 year Capt. on a 100 seat aircraft.

And it goes on and on....
 
Last edited:

miles otoole

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Posts
948
Total Time
10k+
Texx said:
Here are the numbers..

They want a "19.5%" reduction in the hourly rates.
They propose $88.93 for a12 year Capt. on a 100 seat aircraft.

And it goes on and on....
Hey, but they did get the 190s!!!
 

ASH

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Posts
296
Total Time
Enough
Wow...

CHQ this, and CHQ that

DAL 12 year $88.93
CHQ 12 year $96.27

"Let's keep the 190's at mainline so we can preserve the mainline jobs, and the great payscales" Blah, blah...:rolleyes:
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
ASH said:
DAL 12 year $88.93
CHQ 12 year $96.27

"Let's keep the 190's at mainline so we can preserve the mainline jobs, and the great payscales" Blah, blah...:rolleyes:
'
screw the pay scales. Protect the jobs. We can address pay scales later.
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
ASH said:
DAL 12 year $88.93
CHQ 12 year $96.27
care to take any bets on CHQ, or any regional getting thru all this without their own pay cuts??
 

shroomwell

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Posts
280
Total Time
alot
I second that. It will be alot easier to address the payscales when they don't have anyway to whipsaw. So there is still alot to be said about CHQ this and CHQ that.
 

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
Joined
Feb 5, 2002
Posts
367
Total Time
2550
How are they getting 190s?

D
 

ASH

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Posts
296
Total Time
Enough
michael707767 said:
care to take any bets on CHQ, or any regional getting thru all this without their own pay cuts??
CHQ will not give up a dime for growth, that is the overwhelming sentiment. We already have voted on the 190 issue, and did not give up a thing ( in fact gained some benefits ) nor would we give up anything. If you will take the time to talk to the majority of CHQ pilots, not the vocal idiots on boards, you will find that SJS is a rare disease, and all want to protect the profession.
 

Otto

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
191
Total Time
4,000+
Is this for real??!

So what's the source for this? I'll wait unitil I see it confirmed somwhere but these rates would not surprise me since the Jetblue payscale has a EMB-190 12 year captain topping out at $89 an hour! (Thanks Jetblue) I never knew I had it so good at Comair with CL-70 12 year Captains making $94 an hour though I'm sure that won't be lasting much longer. So is anyone else thinking this industry is no longer worth it? Twelve years missing birthdays and holidays to make $89? If it comes to that, screw it...I'm done! :mad:
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
ASH said:
CHQ will not give up a dime for growth, that is the overwhelming sentiment. We already have voted on the 190 issue, and did not give up a thing ( in fact gained some benefits ) nor would we give up anything..
I'm not talking about taking cuts for growth. I am just talking about getting thru this tough period in the airline industry without taking pay cuts. It will trickle down to you. You'll be lucky if you make it thru the next 2-3 years without your management seeking pay cuts.
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
Otto said:
So what's the source for this?
Source is the negotiators notepad sent to the Delta pilots today. I know you won't believe me till you see it yourself, but I have seen it. Its accurate.

PS this is all what was in the company proposal. Nothing has been agreed to yet.
 

PCL_128

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Posts
15,296
Total Time
5000+

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
Texx said:
Here are the numbers..

They want a "19.5%" reduction in the hourly rates.
They propose $88.93 for a 12 year Capt. on a 100 seat aircraft.

And it goes on and on....



wow, guess they can not talk shoot about jetblue anymore, and this is not a bash on Delta pilot's whatsoever, just shockingly low pay!
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
jehtplane said:
wow, guess they can not talk shoot about jetblue anymore, and this is not a bash on Delta pilot's whatsoever, just shockingly low pay!
yes it is low pay. I hope we can get it up. But, would it somehow be better to say no, then someone else gets the jets, and our junior 700 or so pilots get furloughed, have to apply to JetBlue, and fly the same jet for the same rate?
 

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
michael707767 said:
yes it is low pay. I hope we can get it up. But, would it somehow be better to say no, then someone else gets the jets, and our junior 700 or so pilots get furloughed, have to apply to JetBlue, and fly the same jet for the same rate?


I am not familiar with this works especially while in bankruptcy, and I hate to use Comair as an example because they are falling under hard times as well, but they also took concessions for growth, which did not happen, which kinda sounds like this proposal, or at least how you just worded it , what is to stop management from securing the payrates and then furloughing anyway. Comair, sorry guys and gals, took it in the rear and basically got nothing to show for it! We do not want your 100 seat aircraft by any means, but sounds an awful lot like concessions for growth to me.
 

AAflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,493
Total Time
9000+
jehtplane said:
I am not familiar with this works especially while in bankruptcy, and I hate to use Comair as an example because they are falling under hard times as well, but they also took concessions for growth, which did not happen, which kinda sounds like this proposal, or at least how you just worded it , what is to stop management from securing the payrates and then furloughing anyway. Comair, sorry guys and gals, took it in the rear and basically got nothing to show for it! We do not want your 100 seat aircraft by any means, but sounds an awful lot like concessions for growth to me.
No, I would say this would be concessions for self preservation. This is very different animal.

AA
 

jehtplane

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Posts
709
Total Time
8500+
AAflyer said:
No, I would say this would be concessions for self preservation. This is very different animal.

AA



If you say so, and I really mean no dis-respect.
 

michael707767

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,640
Total Time
13,500
jehtplane said:
We do not want your 100 seat aircraft by any means, but sounds an awful lot like concessions for growth to me.

one big difference. No growth is promised and we really don't have much choice do we? I mean, what do you think a judge would do?

Lets say we say no, its not enough money. Delta goes to the judge and says "hey, we offered them the -190, and for the SAME PAY as JetBlue. But they said no, so we need to outsource those jets."

Do you think judge would hesitate to say fine, then wipe out the scope, and boom those jets are goine?
 

miles otoole

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Posts
948
Total Time
10k+
michael707767 said:
yes it is low pay. I hope we can get it up. But, would it somehow be better to say no, then someone else gets the jets, and our junior 700 or so pilots get furloughed, have to apply to JetBlue, and fly the same jet for the same rate?
with more future job security? You betcha.
 
Top